Singapore Expats

gynecologist in public hospitals and in private practice

Discuss the various Pediatrician, Obstetrician & Gynaecologist options here.
salmanucit

gynecologist in public hospitals and in private practice

Post by salmanucit » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 1:20 pm

Hi,
can any one guide me that where should i take my wife for check up (for pragnancy).
What is the diference if i chose a gynecologist from a hospital (NUH, Mt Elizabeth Hospital etc.) or a gynecologist in her private clinic. Are there any differences in charges and fees? What is normally charges of a gynecologist?
Thanks

samsarah

Post by samsarah » Mon, 12 Apr 2010 1:42 am

HI,

you can basically choose any gynae both of you are most comfortable with. Most gynaes do deliver at most private hopspitals but you'll need to check with them if they deliver in the hospital of your choice before you decide if you want to continue with the visits/packages with the gynae.

Each gynae may charge slightly different from each other but they mostly should not be very far apart. usually first visit is $100 and subsequent can be betweem $50-60 not including scans, vitamins, tests. after the first trimesters some gynaes offer pacakges : )

imogenben
Regular
Regular

Post by imogenben » Sun, 09 May 2010 4:21 pm

check out this site for a full list of hospitals http://www.doctors.com.sg . it also explains the difference between a public hospital and a private hospital (in the context of a foreigner/expat). I think prices should not vary that much and some hospitals even have fixed price packages for the entire pregnant-to-birth duration.