Singapore Expats Forum

the expat club - where will you go?

Post here for survey, questionnaire or poll for our expat members.
tequila

the expat club - where will you go?

Postby tequila » Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:22 am

Hello all

I am doing a survey on expat executive club. Would really appreciate if you can offer yo 2ct worth, and your precious time to reply me. I am from design school, and is working on a design project on Expat Club.
disclaimer: the infomation are meant for background studies only.

1. Are you a current member of any club (eg Tanglin Club, Singapore Cricket CLub, American Club, etc - please specify)

2. What is the reason you chose the club?
a. close to your workplace/living place?
b. existing community from your origin country?
c. attractive membership benefits and value?
d. good reputation?

3. Do you tend to mix around with expat from other countries? (please say why?)

4. What do you expect from such expat club?
a. community - meet other expat from same home country
b. social - neet other expat from other home country
c. to feel at home (offer range of facilities that is familiar to home, eg home cuisine, library with wider range of books from home country)
d others (please specify)

5. What is lacking in current clubs that you would like to see in a new club?

6. Before you came to Singapore, what was your impression of this place? Have you ever heard of it before?

7. Do you know any historical event (like WW2) tensions in Singapore?

8. What makes you take up the offer to venture into SIngapore?
a. curiosity
b. good offer and benefits
c. high status being expat, something that you will not get if you are back home
d. different treatment, status elevated

PLEASE help me in this matter. YOUR view is really important... as I am no expat myself. I need to get an insight of your views. THANKS A MILLION!

My deadline is FRI morning.. so please.. please..!! THank you!

you can either reply here or to me directly, my email is g0306571@nus.edu.sg

1tequila2many

Re: the expat club - where will you go?

Postby 1tequila2many » Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:49 am

tequila wrote:Hello all

I am doing a survey on expat executive club. Would really appreciate if you can offer yo 2ct worth, and your precious time to reply me. I am from design school, and is working on a design project on Expat Club.
disclaimer: the infomation are meant for background studies only.

1. Are you a current member of any club (eg Tanglin Club, Singapore Cricket CLub, American Club, etc - please specify)

2. What is the reason you chose the club?
a. close to your workplace/living place?
b. existing community from your origin country?
c. attractive membership benefits and value?
d. good reputation?

3. Do you tend to mix around with expat from other countries? (please say why?)

4. What do you expect from such expat club?
a. community - meet other expat from same home country
b. social - neet other expat from other home country
c. to feel at home (offer range of facilities that is familiar to home, eg home cuisine, library with wider range of books from home country)
d others (please specify)

5. What is lacking in current clubs that you would like to see in a new club?

6. Before you came to Singapore, what was your impression of this place? Have you ever heard of it before?

7. Do you know any historical event (like WW2) tensions in Singapore?

8. What makes you take up the offer to venture into SIngapore?
a. curiosity
b. good offer and benefits
c. high status being expat, something that you will not get if you are back home
d. different treatment, status elevated

PLEASE help me in this matter. YOUR view is really important... as I am no expat myself. I need to get an insight of your views. THANKS A MILLION!

My deadline is FRI morning.. so please.. please..!! THank you!

you can either reply here or to me directly, my email is g0306571@nus.edu.sg

Friendly advice to u sire, your over enthusiasm reeks of one tequila too many and may ladn u in a hangover plus a removal of your post which would leave u none the happier over your having your deadline unmet. Save yourself the agony of too many posts. We READ YOU LOUD AND CLEAR Just frenly advice before the neighbourhood moderators moderate u out of existence from this and other threads :lol:

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Expat club

Postby Bubbles » Wed, 27 Oct 2004 2:26 am

Am I thick or something? One tequilatoomany...........what's the prob with this person's post? OK, it asks a lot of questions....but maybe this really is a student doing a survey. I agree, the nos of questions to answer put me off a bit, but I don't mind helping this person...but I would only do it in my precied style and they'd have to adapt my answers to their questionnaire.

So, though I don't have a club anymore, I used to, for 8 yrs.
It was the Hollandse Club.
I joined cos it had great facilities for me and the kids.
I am not Dutch, which made it more attractive to me, not being surrounded by hordes of other Brits. Not that I dislike them, it was just a change.
I also loved the friendliness of the Dutch and the way they get you involved in everything. I went onto being on the editing comm of the magazine for six years and know that they go flat out to get everyone to join in, kids, old folk, young. etc.
A big plus was that my company paid for the initial joining fee, tho I was to pay monthly after that.
What else did you ask?
Hmm, yes it was nearish to Farrer Rd, where I lived, being Adam Rd. The Brit club or Tanglin too far away. Cricket club out, too grown up for kids and no pool.
So, that's all I can tell you. And pardon me if this postee is just looking for facts to set up some scam or other, but I will take them as honest, and hope this helps, a little.

tequila

Postby tequila » Wed, 27 Oct 2004 8:31 am

THANK YOU Bubbles!

I really really appreciate your response. I am sincerely doing survey and there is no ulterior motive underneath the lengthy post.

Thank you once again. And to those who has time to spare, do reply ! THank you soo much.

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pal » Wed, 27 Oct 2004 8:53 am

Hi Bubbs ...

Just to clear the confusion ...

The original poster had started 3 exactly same thread in different forums. I had deleted the rest but kept this one ....
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property