Singapore Expats Forum

I need a Wii

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

I need a Wii

Postby JR8 » Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:57 pm

Yep sorry :)

I need to buy a Wii. Does anyone know what these bloody things cost, or have suggestions where to get one?

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Postby Saint » Thu, 01 Apr 2010 9:13 am

Just under 500 notes for the basic package from your local reputable dealer

observer
Regular
Regular
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed, 13 Jan 2010

Postby observer » Sat, 03 Apr 2010 2:00 pm

SGD349 at Challenger (largest IT chain in Singapore). Only buy from reputable stores. Video game consoles, like any electronic product in SG, are always susceptible to unscrupulous retailers.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Sat, 03 Apr 2010 2:52 pm

Ta!

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9314
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Sat, 03 Apr 2010 7:05 pm

Google out Qisahn. I bought several things from them (PS3, PSP) and I would say they are pretty reputable and reasonable as per local standards. It is a small outlet at Far East Shopping Centre.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Sat, 03 Apr 2010 10:33 pm

observer wrote:SGD349 at Challenger (largest IT chain in Singapore). Only buy from reputable stores. Video game consoles, like any electronic product in SG, are always susceptible to unscrupulous retailers.


Ok thx... any clues what 'Challenger' is? A shop?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35122
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 03 Apr 2010 11:10 pm

JR8 wrote:
observer wrote:SGD349 at Challenger (largest IT chain in Singapore). Only buy from reputable stores. Video game consoles, like any electronic product in SG, are always susceptible to unscrupulous retailers.


Ok thx... any clues what 'Challenger' is? A shop?


:roll:

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Sat, 03 Apr 2010 11:37 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
JR8 wrote:
observer wrote:SGD349 at Challenger (largest IT chain in Singapore). Only buy from reputable stores. Video game consoles, like any electronic product in SG, are always susceptible to unscrupulous retailers.


Ok thx... any clues what 'Challenger' is? A shop?


:roll:



Well I don't know do I. I've never heard of it!! So stop it!

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Sat, 03 Apr 2010 11:39 pm

Yah so where is their main branch, Woodlands or JB hor? :-D

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35122
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 12:35 am


User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 12:53 am

Lol... now that was funny! :-D


p.s. could have just printed off the lable and stuck it to my forehead
Last edited by JR8 on Sun, 04 Apr 2010 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 12:59 am

Jeez spent a composite 5 years here, and I've never even heard of them! Ever! Anyway thanks for the tip ah

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11062
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 9:00 am

JR8 wrote:Jeez spent a composite 5 years here, and I've never even heard of them! Ever! Anyway thanks for the tip ah


This is why I try to spend at least a few hours every weekend motorcycling all over the island to find shops. I know the best places to find bulk aluminium, steel, canvas, and much more.

And... your friends were derelict when you got here... a Funan IT mall trip is part of mandatory sight seeing IMHO.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 9:04 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
JR8 wrote:Jeez spent a composite 5 years here, and I've never even heard of them! Ever! Anyway thanks for the tip ah


This is why I try to spend at least a few hours every weekend motorcycling all over the island to find shops. I know the best places to find bulk aluminium, steel, canvas, and much more.

And... your friends were derelict when you got here... a Funan IT mall trip is part of mandatory sight seeing IMHO.


Ok, I'll try you :)

Where do I find a timber yard?

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9314
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 9:51 am

JR8 wrote:Jeez spent a composite 5 years here, and I've never even heard of them! Ever! Anyway thanks for the tip ah

It can only mean that you are not really into computers and electronics. Challanger is slightly overprices but it is a HUGE one stop store occupying entire floor of the Funan mall. I was there within first week after my arrival to SG :) A smaller Challanger outlet is in IMM.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Computer, Internet, Phone & Electronics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest