Singapore Expats Forum

Preferential treatment for Malaysian citizens in Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sat, 15 May 2010 11:09 pm

My laptop died . . . a lovely Thinkpad , , , and now I have to use one of these little things witha little keypad . . . curses

(No imbibing, just getting over a nasty bout of dengue and a cold VB is far from my mind)

'nuff said Image

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 15 May 2010 11:37 pm

That dengue stuff is bad news. You remember what happened to kookie & neo a couple of years ago! Were you hospitalized? Didn't pick it up in Cambodia did you?

raden888
Chatter
Chatter

Postby raden888 » Sat, 15 May 2010 11:52 pm

Ouch!! Dengue is bad news , you can die because of it. Well , you can enjoy a few cold VB's once you're 100%!

SMS,you can catch dengue in Malaysia as well as Singapore.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 16 May 2010 1:25 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:That dengue stuff is bad news. You remember what happened to kookie & neo a couple of years ago! Were you hospitalized? Didn't pick it up in Cambodia did you?

Yes I do remember Kookie and Neo going through it . . . it really is nasty.

Fevers, headaches, body aches . . . sweating like mad, freezing like you're in the Arctic, your hands turn to claws, can't walk as every joint hurts.

We live in a three-story house and it took me close to 10 minutes to get from the third floor to the bottom . . . no point, really.

Fatigue . . . and you have to drink 8 litres of liquids a day . . . and are supposed to rest but you can't rest because you're constantly crawling to the toilet to urinate.

It is simply awful . . . when your red blood cells start exploding and you look like a pincushion.

Ah, the joys

'nuff said Image

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 16 May 2010 1:47 pm

Let your capable better half take care of you. Don't try to push it as you can actually make it worse. My BiL here also had it around 5 years ago and it hospitalized him for a little over a week. Take care.

Oh, if you are a little more caustic than usual around here, I'll understand. :wink:

raden888
Chatter
Chatter

Postby raden888 » Sun, 16 May 2010 2:23 pm

Hang in there V, at least now your immune system will build up resistance to further attacks :wink:

My Dad had dengue a couple of years back, poor fella was hospitalised for 2+ weeks!!

Maybe I should abort visiting Palawan aka mozzie haven...I might end up returning with more than the odd bite or two :???:

waz
Regular
Regular

Postby waz » Sun, 16 May 2010 4:41 pm

Did someone call me a clueless prat?

That's not nice.

But I associate "prat" with the young. It is not bad at all then for a 40's guy being called that, instead of "uncle".
I work to live and not live to work.