Singapore Expats Forum

Preferential treatment for Malaysian citizens in Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Thu, 01 Apr 2010 5:07 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
Splatted wrote:
Whenever there are roadworks or council works in an area, you will always see 20 guys standing around doing nothing, only one poor sod doing the digging, and one extra guy holding the lollypop directing traffic.

I didn't realise this was a thread about Australian Council workers . . .

I thought for a minute that it was about construction work in Spain, but then I realized that the 50 retirees that are watching the work whole day, and giving instructions to the guys about how to work are missed in the description

iheartsg

Postby iheartsg » Thu, 01 Apr 2010 5:36 pm

hehe.. thanks for the replies. :)

i was thinking along the lines of what Asdracles said. what triggered me to make this post was for example sq cabin crew recruitment. one of the requirements include "Singapore or Malaysian citizenship" and i was wondering whether there are similar organisations with such requirements. i guess this is an isolated case...

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Thu, 01 Apr 2010 6:33 pm

karaoke lounge doesnt mind if you are singaporean or malaysian either.

raden888
Chatter
Chatter

Postby raden888 » Sat, 03 Apr 2010 2:18 pm

durain wrote:karaoke lounge doesnt mind if you are singaporean or malaysian either.

Same goes to OT :lol:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Re: Preferential treatment for Malaysian citizens in Singapo

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 02 May 2010 11:00 am

terenceong wrote:Malaysia is a thoroughly third world country with gdp per capita same libya and equitorial guinea.

Dirty, run down, crime ridden.

Not sure where you get your information from but you're a bit of a troll. far be it for me to defend this place but at least keep the facts straight . . . anyway, Malaysia will still be around when Singapore dissolves into nothingness

But yes, dirty and crime-ridden . . . you forgot to mention corrupt to the bones

'nuff said Image

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sun, 02 May 2010 11:03 am

V

This troll and tkuanhoo are everywhere. Giving a one sentence statement and creating alot of animosity .

Mods should do something to these trolls. Deserve a good thumping
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

geerang
Regular
Regular

Re: Preferential treatment for Malaysian citizens in Singapo

Postby geerang » Thu, 13 May 2010 4:38 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
terenceong wrote:Malaysia is a thoroughly third world country with gdp per capita same libya and equitorial guinea.

Dirty, run down, crime ridden.

Not sure where you get your information from but you're a bit of a troll. far be it for me to defend this place but at least keep the facts straight . . . anyway, Malaysia will still be around when Singapore dissolves into nothingness

But yes, dirty and crime-ridden . . . you forgot to mention corrupt to the bones

You must be kidding me.

Which is the much richer, less corrupted, more stable, safer country with a much more powerful military? It doesn't take a genius to figure out which country is more sustainable. If you are still in doubt, just ask the millions of Malaysians who are looking to take up Singapore PR/citizenship.

After checking it out, he is actually right. Malaysia is indeed poorer than Libya and Guinea.

Libya GDP per capita: 9k USD. Malaysia: 7k USD.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 13 May 2010 5:47 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:V

This troll and tkuanhoo are everywhere. Giving a one sentence statement and creating alot of animosity .

And I think it's back again. :-|

x9200

Postby x9200 » Thu, 13 May 2010 5:51 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:

Different behaviour pattern but who knows...

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 13 May 2010 6:14 pm

x9200 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:

Different behaviour pattern but who knows...

X, SMS

I am pretty sure the troll is back. Hijacking threads is his modus operandi

Captain SMS , SIR !!!!! GIVE ME YOUR ORDERS .
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

x9200

Postby x9200 » Thu, 13 May 2010 8:04 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:X, SMS

I am pretty sure the troll is back. Hijacking threads is his modus operandi

Captain SMS , SIR !!!!! GIVE ME YOUR ORDERS .

I think he is legitimate :cool: He does it because he believes in it. Not just to piss ppl. off. Arrogance, pride and ignorance does not automatically make someone a troll. I would say this is even a more challenging case :)

BigSis
Chatter
Chatter

Postby BigSis » Thu, 13 May 2010 9:05 pm

he seems very keen on having a go at anyone who replied negatively to terenceong's posts from the other week so I think it's the same guy

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Thu, 13 May 2010 10:11 pm

He seems hell-bent on negating every non-flattering thing we say about Singapore. I noticed he also dug up old threads.

That's gotta take some conviction if he's as legitimate as x9200 he surmises he is.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 14 May 2010 7:37 am

So... if Thor does not work , how about Hulk

X , he is just repeating , cut and paste the issue already mention.

I was a newbie early this year, I myself cannot post 30 different post in one day.

Troll is hell bent on getting back with a vengeance

x9200

Postby x9200 » Fri, 14 May 2010 8:27 am

He is a propaganda tube triggered by the way he was brought up in the spirit of always the best of the best of the best while confronted with the average content of this forum. It seems a natural reaction for somebody not that meek as an average Singaporean when encountering a place that defies his strong beliefs or hopes. And I do not think he crossed any lines yet. Just dug up some old threads, had some weaker moments around 2am (French wine factor?) and that's it :)