Singapore Expats Forum

Boarding Pass Privileges

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Boarding Pass Privileges

Postby Splatted » Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:48 am

Ok, so I've checked into my flight and selected my seat.

Took a quick look at this boarding pass privileges link on SIA site and they seem to list a lot of stuff and discounts.

Has anyone tried any of these discounts, specifically any of the Singapore restaurants on the list?

I usually get these "buddy" deals through credit cards, and they are usually a let-down in one way or another.. eg, you get discount but somehow portion size that arrives is smaller than expected.

anyone with first-hand knowledge that can give the thumbs up on anything in the list?

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 31 Mar 2010 3:21 pm

I can't be sure about now but when I last flew with them some of those discounts weren't worth considering. For example the hotel deals they offered were more expensive than if you used a travel agent and booked it yourself! Spend some time comparing before being taken in by their advertising the word discount doesn't always mean much.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 31 Mar 2010 3:29 pm

Sale gimmicks! Avoid like the plague no free lunches just clever marketing. 10% 15% discount of what ? RRP anyone can make a Recommended Retail Price don't fall for it is the best advice i can give.

Hard cash discount is what you want so you can at least compare with like products of same quality

Loops
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Loops » Sat, 03 Apr 2010 1:41 pm

My sister-in-law got a 20% discount on the flyer - they asked if she was on holiday here and she said yes and they gave her the discount without even asking to see the boarding pass!

Some of them are probably worth doing, but I'd only go for it if it was somewhere I wanted to go and visit or eat anyway.