Singapore Expats Forum

EX WP to marry Singaporean

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Herbalist

EX WP to marry Singaporean

Postby Herbalist » Wed, 31 Mar 2010 9:15 am

Anyone manage to get approval from M.O.M after applying to get married?

is it true that if the application get rejected my wife to be will also be ban from entering the country?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:15 am

If you marry first without MOM permission, you are up the proverbial brown creek with a paddle and sinking fast.

And yes, if she is sent out of the country, it's doubtful that she will be allowed to return to Singapore. I am currently taking care of a 2 year child that belongs to my nephew who married a filipina and when her current LTSVP expired she was not allowed to return to Singapore. The child is a Singapore Citizen and after a year was refused to be allowed to stay in the Philippines so my nephew had to fly to Manila and bring the baby back.

Generally, MOM will give approval without too much problem but if you cross them, they are like the military here and NS deserters. They will never forget and you are doomed. If you love her, make plans to resettle in her country as is probably isn't gonna happen here. (without MOM approval that is)

Herbalist

Postby Herbalist » Wed, 31 Mar 2010 12:29 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you marry first without MOM permission, you are up the proverbial brown creek with a paddle and sinking fast.

And yes, if she is sent out of the country, it's doubtful that she will be allowed to return to Singapore. I am currently taking care of a 2 year child that belongs to my nephew who married a filipina and when her current LTSVP expired she was not allowed to return to Singapore. The child is a Singapore Citizen and after a year was refused to be allowed to stay in the Philippines so my nephew had to fly to Manila and bring the baby back.

Generally, MOM will give approval without too much problem but if you cross them, they are like the military here and NS deserters. They will never forget and you are doomed. If you love her, make plans to resettle in her country as is probably isn't gonna happen here. (without MOM approval that is)

I've yet to marry her and had just receive the form to fill out and send back to m.o.m.

guess i have to wait and see if they approve my application

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 01 Apr 2010 8:09 am

This things happen all the time. Yes , love is blind but the trouble and obstacles you will face is unimaginable.
If she is M'sian, if you decided to go ahead even for some reason MOM refused, and you decided to get hitch, she cannot stay in SG and you cannot live in JB by frequenting back and forth for work in SG. Immigration, logistic and the whole work is a nightmare!!
If she is Indon, Batam is the closest option
There are people who did just that, I have to salute them for their perseverance.
Think hard and think extremely hard