Singapore Expats Forum

Playmates/Activities for Granddaughter

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Strong Eagle

Playmates/Activities for Granddaughter

Postby Strong Eagle » Sun, 28 Mar 2010 12:57 pm

We're bringing our granddaughter over from the States for about a month, starting in June. With luck, she'll have a friend with her.

Either way: She's 12 and I'd like to find activities in Singapore (or trips to Malaysia) that could be done with other children during this time. And if you're interested, I'd also like to have my granddaughter have the opportunity to meet and play with other children here.

We've got several activities planned as well, and would be glad to have your child along as a companion.

Many thanks.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 31 Mar 2010 7:25 pm

OK... I've pulled the trigger... granddaughter in town from June 8 to July 9. Anyone with 11 to 13/14 year olds interested in setting up activities during this time?

TIA

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 31 Mar 2010 9:13 pm

If she's anything like mine were at that age, it's easy. A transit link card, couple of C notes and Orchard Road. Preferably without granddad. Failing that.....

Skate park? East Coast blading? Integrated Resort Universal Studios park? Being from the Houston area, this winter aside, maybe an afternoon at the ice/snow board rink? Concerts at the Esplanade (the outdoor ones)?

My household full of assorted youths are too old now (four currently in the house with the youngest at 18 and ranging up to 26 plus a 2 year old).