Singapore Expats Forum

40's club

Events and gatherings for the 40's Club
alloways

40's club

Postby alloways » Sat, 27 Mar 2010 7:04 pm

:D

I've just arrived from Sydney and will be living in Singapore for the next 12 months so thought it would be a great idea to set up a 40's club.

Hopefully we'll get some experienced ex-pat female and male party goers whom can advise all the new expats where the best spots are in Singapore.

I'm lookng forward to making some new fun happy expat female and male friends.

Where is the best place to go for live music on Saturday nights?

Cheers :P :wink:
Lived in Singapore for over 2 years

luisa

Postby luisa » Fri, 02 Apr 2010 9:46 am

Hey I am new to Singapore too and would be happy to join the 40 club.... So that makes two of us. I am from the Uk and been here for two months. Would be good to catch up :)

alloways

40's club has take off

Postby alloways » Fri, 02 Apr 2010 11:10 am

:D Well we had to start somewhere we now at last have two members. I'm in Singapore this weekend any suggestions where we can launch our debut 40's club spectatculiar.

I don't know my way around Singapore that well but have been advised that if you go to Sentosa, go to Bora Bora bar is a great 8-) spot.

I'm thinking of making this our grand opening venue, but am open to other suggestions ??

anniecyn

Postby anniecyn » Fri, 02 Apr 2010 12:29 pm

Hi,

I would love to join. I have just moved to here 2 months ago.
Would love to meet some friends too.
Wanna meet start our 1st gathering tomorrow ?
We may have dinner or drinks together.

Cynthia
I have just moved to Singapore. I am from Hong Kong. Would like to meet more friends and start a great life here.

alloways

Sharing life information with fellow members

Postby alloways » Fri, 02 Apr 2010 2:52 pm

luisa wrote:Hey I am new to Singapore too and would be happy to join the 40 club.... So that makes two of us. I am from the Uk and been here for two months. Would be good to catch up :)

Before our launch thought it would be good to share some details about myself.

I was born is Sheffield UK and migrated to Australia when I was a child and have lived the majority of my life in Sydney. I'm an IT program manager and live in Newton. email: glynsing@gmail.com

My likes : Meeting new trustworthy happy honest relaxed people. :D
My dislikes: Fake people whom like to big note themsleves and try to pretend they are somebody they are not. :mad:

Luisa, where abouts in the UK are you from ?

Cynthia who are you working for in Singapore ?

masauds
Chatter
Chatter

hi

Postby masauds » Fri, 02 Apr 2010 11:53 pm

Hi guys
count me too
im late 30s male
stay novena
:)

luisa

Postby luisa » Sat, 03 Apr 2010 12:31 am

Hey - I am pretty much up for tomorrow night to launch our new club.....

glynsing@gmail.com I will send you an email and we can sort out where and when.... would be great if everyone else can join too, the more the merrier :)

i am from Scotland and here for 2 years....

alloways

40s forum launch Sentosa, Bora Bora bar 3:00 pm Sat 3 April

Postby alloways » Sat, 03 Apr 2010 2:14 am

Dear all

An experienced expat who's been here a while told me the that if I went to Sentosa, go to Bora Bora bar, its on the beach, Manager is Tim, and I was to tell him that Toni sent you, its a great bar.

Details of bar and map attached within URL http://www.boraborasentosa.com/Pages/location.html

I thought that a good time to start would be 3:00 pm, we can have a drink then have dinner. I'll wear a white t-shirt with a washed out union jack so that you can't miss me, please don't be shy say hello.

Look forward to meeting you aall t the launch of the 40s forum.

If you wish to know any more detail please email me glynsing@gmail.com before 11:30 am Saturday morming.

Cheers Glyn

anniecyn

Postby anniecyn » Sat, 03 Apr 2010 1:17 pm

Hey guys,

Sorry I have just read all the post last night. Are you guys still going to the Bora Bora bar today at 3 pm ?

Cynthia
I have just moved to Singapore. I am from Hong Kong. Would like to meet more friends and start a great life here.

alloways

Bora Bora launch report

Postby alloways » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 9:15 am

Considering I didn't know Singapore well the venue was great and I was looked after well by the manager Tim. Unfortunately I didn't factor bad weather occurring at 2:00 pm so assume some potential new members thought the event would be rained out.

At one stage it was me, myself and I, but luckily for me Martin braved the weather and we had take off. Martin is looking at starting up a social tennis competition if any of you are interested.

It's a shame the weather started of so bad because when it stopped raining it's a perfect spot and I'd recommend any of you to visit this bar on a sunny day in the future.

I think I need to play it more safe and choose a weather proof venue so have decided to have a relaunch of the 40's club. If you would like to come and join us please reply to Sing40club@gmail.com

http://www.picotin.com.sg/index.html
Venue: Picotin Hotel, 100 Turf Club Road
Map: http://maps.google.com.sg/maps?hl=en&um ... CAkQnwIwAA

When : Saturday 9th of April. After 6pm....

alloways

Correct email address , lower case s required

Postby alloways » Sun, 04 Apr 2010 9:23 am

Apoligies Technical problem gmail doesn't accept capitals.

Please send correspondense to sing40club@gmail not a per last entry.

alloways

Cancelled social event @ Picotin Hotel, 100 Turf Club Road

Postby alloways » Thu, 08 Apr 2010 8:43 pm

:cry: Dear all

Due to lack of interest in event I've Cancelled social event @ Picotin Hotel, 100 Turf Club Road.

I'll try to schedule this for another time in the future.

:cry: :(

alloways

Email me sing40club@gmail.com

Postby alloways » Thu, 08 Apr 2010 8:47 pm

I haven't given up please email me at sing40club@gmail.com if your interested in meeting expats for a dinner. 8-)

Mr Q
Regular
Regular

Postby Mr Q » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 10:28 am

Instead of dinner with a bunch of strangers (which could get long and draggy . . . ), perhaps something more flexible like drinks in a more central location like Orchard, Suntec or Clarke Quay would garner a better response . . .

8-)

deb96
Chatter
Chatter

Postby deb96 » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 11:29 pm

Mr Q wrote:Instead of dinner with a bunch of strangers (which could get long and draggy . . . ), perhaps something more flexible like drinks in a more central location like Orchard, Suntec or Clarke Quay would garner a better response . . .

8-)

Or maybe...join me for some beach sports...and get to know more ppl...in their 40s too!