Singapore Expats Forum

S pass over 5000 SGD/month?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

S pass over 5000 SGD/month?

Postby Asdracles » Sat, 27 Mar 2010 5:03 pm

My company is going to switch me to another duty, mutual agreement. I don't know the reason but they said that would be better then to change my contract to a different company (twin companies, same address, same boss, same salary, ...)

They have applied for my pass, and I was shocked when I saw that only S pass was approved. I have been here 3 years on a Q1 pass, in these years I have improved my work-related qualifications, ....

I know that S pass only states a "minimum" of 1800 SGD and no maximum, but, has anyone been "downgraded" like this? Is it usual to get only S-pas with such a salary?

I might try to convince my employer to keep me under current company. Maybe if it's just a renewal chances are higher?

Thanks!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 27 Mar 2010 5:15 pm

That is a strange one. Especially in view of the salary level. First one I've heard of that way. Did your employer make the mistake and tick the "will you accept an S pass if the Q pass is rejected?" tick box? If they ticked that box, they they have more control over you and your company as well as the S pass is subject to quota restriction while Q & P passes aren't. Maybe MOM is tightening up the noose some more? See the other thread this afternoon re: MiL and LTSVP after already being here 4 years on a dependents pass. Strange. Very strange.

Tas Burrfoot

Postby Tas Burrfoot » Wed, 31 Mar 2010 12:20 am

I started 4K++ and I got SPASS as well... This was 2008
My Misadventures... - trips in and around Southeast Asia

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Wed, 31 Mar 2010 12:34 pm

Point is I didn't start like this. I was working 3 years in same conditions with EP. Anyway, I will go to MoM to check, I have still some days of validity of my previous EP

Thanks

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby FaeLLe » Thu, 01 Apr 2010 2:52 am

My base salary is under 4K but the total salary including allowances is a bit over 4K.

Got approved 2 weeks ago for a P2. Really wierd must have something to do with educational credentials as well (I have a SG post grade degree, MBA to be exact).

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Thu, 01 Apr 2010 1:43 pm

My point is that my qualifications are the same that during last 3 years (ok, even a bit better as I got some professional certificates during this time). My country is still the same, salary the same, position the same, ....

Will check with MoM next week before doing all the procedures

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby FaeLLe » Fri, 02 Apr 2010 12:32 am

Asdracles wrote:My point is that my qualifications are the same that during last 3 years (ok, even a bit better as I got some professional certificates during this time). My country is still the same, salary the same, position the same, ....

Will check with MoM next week before doing all the procedures

Good point. Missed that.
Could be an error you should see.