Singapore Expats Forum

Feedback please - My last year as 30's years old

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

paspepa

Feedback please - My last year as 30's years old

Postby paspepa » Thu, 25 Mar 2010 2:10 am

Dear All,

Today 25 March 2010 is my 39th birthday. Looking back, previous years as a 30s went by just like that, so i'd like to use this last opportunity as a 30s to do something useful before i hit 40.

The thing is, i have no idea. As the clue; i am single woman, rather timid & conventional. I dont have bling bling job (a rank n file cubicle worker), income or lifestyle. Have no particular interest/hoby/passion, simply love tv and newspaper/mag. Yeah, some ppl may say 'boring' ;p.

I'd love to have a good memory in my 3rd decade on earth.
I will appreciate your sincere feedback, thank you.

Calmday
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Calmday » Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:34 am

Some of my fondest memories are of volunteer work that I have done. There are a lot of very rewarding opportunities to help others, the environment, animals etc. This is also a great way to develop friendships.

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Feedback please - My last year as 30's years old

Postby intellectualsmuse » Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:39 am

paspepa wrote:Dear All,

Today 25 March 2010 is my 39th birthday. Looking back, previous years as a 30s went by just like that, so i'd like to use this last opportunity as a 30s to do something useful before i hit 40.

The thing is, i have no idea. As the clue; i am single woman, rather timid & conventional. I dont have bling bling job (a rank n file cubicle worker), income or lifestyle. Have no particular interest/hoby/passion, simply love tv and newspaper/mag. Yeah, some ppl may say 'boring' ;p.

What is it that you'd like to do? Maybe get away from convention and do stuff which you were afraid to try before? I think its about memories and experiences, so one of things you could do is try adventure sports maybe skydiving-even if its just once! Get a new hairdo? A makeover of sorts? Learn a new language? Theres so much you could do!

And yes, helping other people can be very satisfying so volunteering is a good option.
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.

$Pripps

Postby $Pripps » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 2:54 pm

or just change mindset, think instead of what you will do the next years, age is anyway just a number - better looking forwards than backwards.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 3:58 pm

And when the number get too high, we just get dyslexic about it! :cool:

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Postby intellectualsmuse » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 4:45 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:And when the number get too high, we just get dyslexic about it! :cool:

Yeah yeah, Sixty becomes Sexty? Would be tough to spell it another way for it to qualify under "dyslexia" :lol:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 5:40 pm

No, my 62 becomes 26! \:D/

SunWuKong
Regular
Regular

Postby SunWuKong » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 6:31 pm

My 33 becomes... oh.

To the Op: Go gracefully or go screaming tricenarian, there is no middle ground.
The nature of Monkey was ... irrepressible!

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Postby intellectualsmuse » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 9:02 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:No, my 62 becomes 26! \:D/

Awesome-now we're the same age :shock: Does this mean better compatibility?

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 9:05 pm

paspepa wrote:Dear All,

Hope you had a great birthday 'Paspepa'!
You sound a little bored with your life.
Depending on your salary, travel to somewhere interesting that you may have read about could be a great memory. Or have you thought about learning to play an instrument (guitar is easy) or learn to speak a foreign language, maybe diving or dance classes? Some people who've never been very physically active get a whole new outlook on life by taking up a gym membership which has known benefits to one's emotional wellbeing and outlook on life. Enjoy your last year and don't let fears of a 'change' or the 'unknown' deter you. There's nothing worse than regretting the opportunities we didn't take. You only live once. Just do it!
:)
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Sat, 27 Mar 2010 3:12 pm

paspepa wrote:I'd love to have a good memory in my 3rd decade on earth.

Well besides following your passions, staying true to yourself, and yadda, yadda, yada ~ I have to tell you that if yuo have celebrated your 39th birthday, you have officially started your 40th year on this earth and there fore your 4th decade has begun! Enjoy it!

DaisyRae
Regular
Regular

Postby DaisyRae » Sun, 28 Mar 2010 3:16 pm

I don't know how useful this suggestion would be to you, but how about asking someone you like or at least someone interesting for a date? Doesn't have to turn out to be a romantic date. It's just that sometimes it's also nice to get to know someone as a friend without any expectations afterwards. Might turn out to be fun! (I hope.)

I might be wrong but when I read your post, it kinda gave me an impression that you are a shy person. So with this suggestion, I hope it's something new and challenging thing for you to do.

Cheers! =)
Hindsight is always 20/20.

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Postby morenangpinay » Wed, 31 Mar 2010 1:45 pm

how bout goin naked on all the CCTV in Singapore..that would be different. but i agree if you are bored, go out and do something different like my suggestion.