Singapore Expats Forum

Work holiday Pass Approval

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
raksha_26

Work holiday Pass Approval

Postby raksha_26 » Wed, 24 Mar 2010 8:21 pm

hi pple, hope to catch all of you in good health.

few days back i had applied for work holiday programme, and i got my approval yesterday.. i wanted to know how is it to get a job after this,,, or they still hire only singaporeans and pr's.. also i m in regular talks with one of the consultants of smc regarding LANDED PR, i wanted to after getting my approval for WHP , do i stand good chances of getting LPR... also if i get a job in singapore can i sponsor my dependant as in my husband....

will be highly obliged if you guys could help me with my queries...
thanks a ton.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Mar 2010 9:23 pm

If I'm not mistaken, you need to apply for Landed PR 'before' you arrive in Singapore. Once here, you have a year to find a job. Any Job will do if you qualify for the LPR to start with. I've have hired LPRs for 1100/mo in order to get them established doing a clerk's job. If you already have a job here, you would have to apply for an Employment Pass before your HWP expires. Once you get that, you would have to work around 2 years before applying for PR. Actually you can apply in 6 months, but since last Sept it's extremely rare for that to happen do to the current backlash against foreigners. Most are getting letter asking them to reapply after they have been working here for 2 years.

If you are on a Work Holiday Programme, I know lots of the restaurants down at Clark & Robertson quays hire these types. The money's not good but at least it gives you time to suss out the country before you make any heavy duty committments.

sms