Singapore Expats Forum

Exiles from the 'other board'

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 25 Mar 2010 3:17 pm

But don't bring up any realtors! [-X :mrgreen:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Thu, 25 Mar 2010 3:22 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:But don't bring up any realtors! [-X :mrgreen:

No problem I hate them all equally 8-) . Esp. the ones who call at 9pm and seem to have absolutely no concept of 'Put me on your No Call list!'.

Jeez!

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Postby ScoobyDoes » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:05 am

JR8 wrote:

No problem I hate them all equally 8-) . Esp. the ones who call at 9pm and seem to have absolutely no concept of 'Put me on your No Call list!'.

Jeez!

You haven't accepted yet the concept they have no idea wtf they are talking about. Asking me if i want to sell the apartment...... yeah sure, give me a million dollars and i'll sell it, just don't tell my landlord!

missis
Chatter
Chatter

Postby missis » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:44 am

ScoobyDoes wrote:
JR8 wrote:

Jeez!

You haven't accepted yet the concept they have no idea wtf they are talking about. Asking me if i want to sell the apartment...... yeah sure, give me a million dollars and i'll sell it, just don't tell my landlord!

Ha ha, love it! :D

x9200

Postby x9200 » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 11:21 am

JR8 wrote:

Jeez!

Are you actually saying that I am too polite just interrupting them in the middle of the sentence, saying 'm not interested and hanging up?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 11:40 am

If'n it's after 9pm, yup, you are waaaayyy to polite! :devil:

dazzlebabe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby dazzlebabe » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 11:56 am

We get calls too from E**.

Firstly, it's a bit dodgy when you get a female soft spoken person asking for my husband using his first name!

Secondly, calling after 8pm! Dodgy 2!

When I ask where they are from and they say the Agency name, that's where I start with the:

"WHO are you? Why are you calling my husband so late at night? Are you having an affair with him? Do you want to break our family up? Why Why Why?"

Usually by then they get the hint and stop calling!
Just me

DazzleBabe

x9200

Postby x9200 » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:17 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If'n it's after 9pm, yup, you are waaaayyy to polite! :devil:

Damn. Typically it is 7 to 9. It happens sometime later but never later than 10 and it comes in waves. Curious what triggers them.

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Postby ScoobyDoes » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:32 pm

x9200 wrote:Curious what triggers them.

Meeting an end of month quota?

Maybe need to track the <cough> time of the month they call.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 1:06 pm

dazzlebabe wrote:We get calls too from E**.

Firstly, it's a bit dodgy when you get a female soft spoken person asking for my husband using his first name!

Secondly, calling after 8pm! Dodgy 2!

When I ask where they are from and they say the Agency name, that's where I start with the:

"WHO are you? Why are you calling my husband so late at night? Are you having an affair with him? Do you want to break our family up? Why Why Why?"

Usually by then they get the hint and stop calling!

Yep Dazzle, same agent who are calling me!!

Always a gently spoken girl asking to speak to my wife (by name). Fact is WHENEVER they call me they are interupting me doing something, watching TV, internetting, cooking, studying etc.

Don't they understand that repeating this every week is really bad PR?

I even went so far as e-mailing their corporate comms department a few times complaining about it, and asking them to stop. No reply - uniquely Singapore!

(Meanwhile my fantasy response... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCEvDKOuhic )

p.s. I'll go for a lie down now :wink:

x9200

Postby x9200 » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 1:46 pm

JR8 wrote:Don't they understand that repeating this every week is really bad PR?

Trying to troll are you, hmm? [-X

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 1:54 pm

x9200 wrote:
JR8 wrote:Don't they understand that repeating this every week is really bad PR?

No just a social reflection/comment from a stranger in a strange land.

Could you kindly outline what counts as trolling here? That would be most helpful.

p.s. curious you picked on me the newbie, and not Dazzle who surely by any measure should know your rules better.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 2:09 pm

x9200, your comment went over my head as well. Did I miss something? :???:

x9200

Postby x9200 » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 2:09 pm

JR8 wrote:
x9200 wrote:

Could you kindly outline what counts as trolling here? That would be most helpful.

p.s. curious you picked on me the newbie, and not Dazzle who surely by any measure should know your rules better.

Easy, just joking 8-) Simply, I can count on the fingers of one hand the companies/organization/institution that have good quality of their service and really care of PR as per Western standards. Asian people are extremely forgiving and what typically pisses us off is an acceptable behaviour for majority of local population.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 2:28 pm

x9200 wrote:
JR8 wrote:
x9200 wrote:

Easy, just joking 8-) Simply, I can count on the fingers of one hand the companies/organization/institution that have good quality of their service and really care of PR as per Western standards. Asian people are extremely forgiving and what typically pisses us off is an acceptable behaviour for majority of local population.

Thank heavens for that. For a moment I was having flashbacks of being back in Colditz :?