Singapore Expats Forum

Exiles from the 'other board'

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Mar 2010 3:42 pm

Hey V, While you are in Cambodia, walk softly mate. :wink:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 24 Mar 2010 3:49 pm

dazzlebabe wrote:i believe the word is

POOF

No, he's not. He's married . . . with children . . . many of them.

Saint wrote:Please beware of Mr Vaucluse as he renowned to post under many different guises, Quais, SGBoyxxx, Vbelle, road.not.taken to name just a few

See . . . told you saint was a (expletive deleted by saint, 24.03.10) and (expletive deleted by saint, 24.03.10) as well as a (expletive deleted by saint, 24.03.10). Few people know this but he regularly (expletive deleted by saint, 24.03.10) horses.

His saving grace is his lovely, and all-forgiving, wife.

(Oh, and I cannot take credit for road.not.taken's posts . . . you left out Ozchick, though)

JR8 wrote:
Then suddenly 'as Representaives of the forum', we were being held to higher standards of behaviour than before

:lol: Fat chance of that being the case here . . . sms is usually seen Image the only hard-working mod is Plavt!

sms wrote:
Hey V, While you are in Cambodia, walk softly mate.

Thanks, mate. I will do my best, no intention of hearing the 'click' sound! See/read you next week.

'nuff said Image

dazzlebabe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby dazzlebabe » Wed, 24 Mar 2010 3:50 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
dazzlebabe wrote:i believe the word is

POOF

No, he's not. He's married . . . with children . . . many of them.

But are they his?
Just me

DazzleBabe

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Exiles

Postby JR8 » Wed, 24 Mar 2010 3:56 pm

Hey $Pripps, nice to see another exile come over today.

Is Kubes coming too?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Exiles

Postby JR8 » Wed, 24 Mar 2010 4:03 pm

Pripps, did you see they just del'd that entire topic today on ES?

They just don't get it. I hope everyone abandons it.

$Pripps

Re: Exiles

Postby $Pripps » Wed, 24 Mar 2010 4:42 pm

JR8 wrote:Pripps, did you see they just del'd that entire topic today on ES?

They just don't get it. I hope everyone abandons it.

yeah, the most disconcerting part is that there is no explanation as well all six or so board managers seems to have different opinions about what to delete or not. Its like a bunch of kids.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Exiles

Postby JR8 » Wed, 24 Mar 2010 5:12 pm

It's like they are paranoid of the public who are their forum. They invite 'brick-bats and bouquets', but then if you say rec anything they delete you. You ask an admin why they did it (like today), and they summarily delete a 90 post week-long topic... with no chance of any explanation.

Don't know who they think they are, but I hope they enjoy their empire of zero customers!

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 24 Mar 2010 5:14 pm

I left the angry board years ago for exactly that reason. Trying to get information about where to buy Mercedes car parts. Thread axed. Then, my complaint about the axed thread got axed.

Posted a request looking to buy used BBQ pit. Axed. Some of the most nonsensical posts are retained.

About the only thing that gets axed here are commercial postings, racist rants, links to other realty websites, and of course, any reference to the newspaper holdings company which cannot be named... or even linked to.

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Postby intellectualsmuse » Wed, 24 Mar 2010 5:19 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Good try V., but I reckon my good name has already been blown to smithereens by intellectualsmuse. :cool:

Not true. Not true. You did this to yourself. Besides, I'm so fond of you SMS! :wink:

[quote="Vaucluse"][quote="sundaymorningstaple"]Good try V., but I reckon my good name has already been blown to smithereens by intellectualsmuse. :cool:

Never heard of the [color=blue]girl but she seems to be a subversive![/color]
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Exile

Postby JR8 » Wed, 24 Mar 2010 5:33 pm

Oh I hear you Eagle!

I think the reason it bugs me, is because it is such a weird and counter-intuitive way to run a forum! they say it is to defend their advertising revenue, but then they walk over so many people, and besides they carry negligable ads (no wonder).

There was a classic last week. There've been ad-bots posting spam on the ES site for the last two weeks or so, like five topics a day on the lines of 'Does anyone suggest relocation to Kentucky'. The admins deleted a normal discussion about hotel suggestions in Penang, and meanwhile helpfully 'moved' the completely obvious ad-bot post about the US to the Travel board.

That was pretty funny! You think they have an agenda, but then you realise that in fact they are probably just clueless.

p.s. Eagle. One time a couple of years back I did have an off-board discussion with an ES Admin about their policies. I have to say it was breath-takingly obnoxious. Really I wonder who they think they are, to treat others in the way that they do.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Exile

Postby JR8 » Wed, 24 Mar 2010 5:43 pm

p.s. Eagle. One time a couple of years back I did have an off-board discussion with an ES Admin about their policies. I have to say it was breath-takingly obnoxious.

Like simply going for tea at your great-aunts, but instead being mauled by an utterly hysterical transexual ferret.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 24 Mar 2010 6:47 pm

JR8 wrote:Like simply going for tea at your great-aunts, but instead being mauled by an utterly hysterical transexual ferret.

This sounds suspiciously like an encounter with Vaucluse.

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Wed, 24 Mar 2010 7:10 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
This sounds suspiciously like an encounter with Vaucluse.

:lol: :lol:

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Wed, 24 Mar 2010 9:34 pm

Been on that other board too. Got a great welcome. But within a week quickly felt uneasy cos there were some nasty types, lacking class if you like....foul language etc.
I wasn't allowed to have my own choice of avatar. That's like having the wrong coloured hand-bag.....nah it just won't do! :wink:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

missis
Chatter
Chatter

Also migrated from the Other Board

Postby missis » Wed, 24 Mar 2010 9:38 pm

Hi, I was there on the other board earlier today when the final straw that broke... took place where you, Pripps, some otherS and I said bye! Sad because it would seem that the other posters on there would have no idea what happened and I'm sure there would be more migrants if they knew... Hope we see a better situation on this site!