Singapore Expats Forum

Cheapest botox in Singapore

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

blue_jeans
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat, 11 Jul 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby blue_jeans » Tue, 16 Nov 2010 6:11 pm

Just had my first botox today, wanna share my experience and humble opinions with you all:

I had my appt around 1130, reached there on time. Had my particular registered and waited for the call in by doc. The waiting time is not long, just a short while, i was called in. Doc didn't greet me at all, just asked me "what you wanna do" in a very cold tone.

I was expecting some small chat before go right into the topic, as this is my first time, i was a little tense honestly. Also expected the doctor to explain a little more about botox, though I have read a lot from internet or TV or magazine. But didn't happen that way at all.

I replied him in a soft tone, "um, i am not too sure, I just wanna remove some lines around my eyes area, what solution would be the best"?

Doc replied in a single word:"BOTOX".

At this point of time, I was a little shocked, if I am a returned patient, probably he doesn't have to chat more, as I am so clear what is going on. But this is my very first time, his warmth will definitely give me more confidence in doing this.

Since he is like that, i dare not ask a single more word. He started to take picture, then asked me to proceed to the room for the injection. After I lied down, he came in, as before, he didn't even say a word to comfort me or calm me, just made the marks on my face, injected it, and DONE.

I am not too sure about the quality of the injection yet, cos it is only the first day, but to share my experience with you all, may be some other people prefer not to talk too much, be it first time or returned patients. But I really did hope my doctor (if next time i go for it again) will have a more welcome attitude and warmer tone, chat more before actual injection.

Just a little bit more info for you if you gonna do it.

Dr. Wong @ Raffle Aesthetics

The fee is $19/unit + $100 consultation fee (in my case, i paid $100 consultation fee for just less than 5 words in total)

The rest for you all to decide if you wanna go for him.

Cheers.

ah_lun
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005

Postby ah_lun » Sat, 25 Dec 2010 9:40 pm

Try Doctor Tan Soo Teng in Lucky Plaza ... Hes a vering & gentle doctor

desiree76
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 15 Sep 2011

Should price be the main factor for aesthetic treatment

Postby desiree76 » Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:24 pm

Personally, I think price shouldn't be the main factor when doing something on our face. The skill, professionalism, and the availability (for emergency) of the physician should be seriously considered as well... after all if anything goes wrong, it's not worth going thru all that trauma and post fixing agonies...

I'm getting married in a month's time and was very depressed to see my pre-wedding fotos... my face looked so huge and ugly... I seriously want to look good on my wedding day. So I decided to do botox square jaw reduction.

Hearing of all the drama cases of botox injections... after several consideration, I went to Celevenus asethetic clinic (recommended by my friend) for my 1st square jaw injection.

The waiting time was a bit long, when it's my turn, I knew why... cause the doctor - Dr Dylan Chau was very meticulous, asking me all my physical conditions, checking past medical history, what I like to achieve (for my look), answering all my doubts... I feel comfortable and assured at the end of consultation.

Dr Dylan also pointed out my overdeveloped jaws may be a result of teeth grinding (I've cracked 3 teeth because of this habit) and botox injection will help me to stop this habit! Hurray!!! this is really killing 2 birds in 1 stone!

In the end, I took up 3 sessions package at $2000. I learnt that by separating the procedure to 3 sessions will achieve the most desirable and lasting results, after which I can do 1 session ($800) each yr to maintain it.

I was given 3 jabs each side of the jaw. The whole process was fast with very little discomfort.

Now I'm into my 4th week after treatment... my face is visibly smaller and chin is more prominent. Totally happy about the result!! :D

jkvz2011
Regular
Regular
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri, 24 Jun 2011

Usage of botox

Postby jkvz2011 » Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:29 pm

But i heard that long term usage of botox will cause severe side effects...

tinkerbell88
Regular
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri, 20 May 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby tinkerbell88 » Wed, 28 Sep 2011 12:40 am

I had Botox twice already, one to my jawline, and the other area was my forehead at Asia HealthPartners with the lady Doc. No side effects, and it was explained to me by the doc that over many years (even decades), Botox can sometimes cause the muscles to require more Botox, as the muscles develop immunity to it, but no other serious side effects I know about. I think if it is done by a doc who knows her/his anatomy it's actually ok. I don't necessarily trust the docs that charge cheap and under-dose, as you never know how much you are really getting. I'm all for Botox, and I think it's important to find a great doc you can trust who's skillful and reputable. :D
tinkerbell88

distordedx
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri, 29 Jun 2007

Postby distordedx » Sun, 16 Oct 2011 3:16 pm

have anyone done jaw botox at Prive? i called up and they said the price is 850sgd for first session and she offered a package to me. 4 session at 2400sgd. i asked abt the units/ml used. she just said that the doctor will assess how much is needed during consultation. and consultation is 50sgd but if youre doing it right away it will be waived off.

how about YUME? or what other clinic is recommended for botox jaw?
i came to know abt these two cause of those bloggers... not sure if its really effective though.

ariacolor
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 30 Jan 2012

Postby ariacolor » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 2:16 pm

who is the doctor you see at asia health partners?
sounds like she's really someone you can trust. pls recommend.

fr personal experience, there are doctors who try to win patients by charging cheap. i myself saw a doctor at wheelock who charged me 250 for my botox cheeks, but the botox didnt' last. i suspect it was over diluted. I went to see another dr at paragon and she was better. results lasted longer but cost was more. anybody experience this before?

tinkerbell88 wrote:I had Botox twice already, one to my jawline, and the other area was my forehead at Asia HealthPartners with the lady Doc. No side effects, and it was explained to me by the doc that over many years (even decades), Botox can sometimes cause the muscles to require more Botox, as the muscles develop immunity to it, but no other serious side effects I know about. I think if it is done by a doc who knows her/his anatomy it's actually ok. I don't necessarily trust the docs that charge cheap and under-dose, as you never know how much you are really getting. I'm all for Botox, and I think it's important to find a great doc you can trust who's skillful and reputable. :D
icookieatishop

prayer
Member
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri, 18 Feb 2011

Botox

Postby prayer » Tue, 07 Feb 2012 6:11 pm

I found someone to share and done my botox already:)
Last edited by prayer on Sun, 11 Mar 2012 10:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

tinkerbell88
Regular
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri, 20 May 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby tinkerbell88 » Sat, 11 Feb 2012 6:53 pm

Dear Ariacolor,
I think it is worth paying a bit more $ for Botox if the results last. The good thing about Singapore Docs is that they use the real stuff here. Best stick to Botox and other injectable procedures here. Will pm you the Dr. She's caring and very professional.
tinkerbell88

User avatar
madaboutplastic
Regular
Regular
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2012
Location: singapore
Contact:

Re: Botox

Postby madaboutplastic » Sun, 11 Mar 2012 3:52 pm

How come i see u in so many different forums promoting the same doc? U dr arthur agent or what? Dr arthur good in lipo but he charges not cheap for botox.

I have tmj pain since college. I had botox and dysport before. Alot people think cost more means doc administer more and that would have better result. Tnis is not true. Basically u should only paralyse the area with a time long enough for it to recover.

I did my jabs with various docs and at sgh. Recently found one at a tampines gp clinic for dyspot at around two hundred fifty sgd. works well to paralyse the tmj pain.

Gps can do the job if they have enough patients to work on. Some do botox better than those waanabe aesthetic docs. But this and micrdermabrasion r some few of whcih i think a gp can do. The rest of the other stuff like lip fillers inthink shd go to proper plastic docs





prayer wrote:My doctor is coming to SG next month early march and I am meeting him on 3 Mar (Sat) 6pm . He is a certified plastic surgeon. We will be sharing one bottle , each will have half a bottle which is 50 units which is more than enough for one person. It is cheaper as we split the cost . He use the original "BOTOX" . I 'm doing the forehead and eyes area so I definitely don't need a whole bottle. This will be my third time. I usually do every 6 to 9 months with him to maintain .So far the effect is good on me and there's no side effects and in fact it reduce my migraine attacks . You can see the effect after 4 days to a week depending on individual. This time I'm not able to share with my gf as she is pregnant that is why I'm finding someone to share with me . If you share with me, we will continue to share in future doing it every 6 to 9 mths to maintain the results :) when my doctor come to singapore. He is always coming to singapore every few months to meet his SG patients and he is quite famous among singaporeans. If anyone interested to share with me, please email me at prayerjan@gmail.com to arrange to meet him up to do the BOTOX.
Please email to me for faster reply, instead of PM me .

prayer
Member
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri, 18 Feb 2011

Re: Botox

Postby prayer » Sun, 11 Mar 2012 10:31 pm

I didn't mention which doctor for the botox, I just finding anyone interested to share botox with me. I have since updated I found someone and done the botox last week.

BoFK
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat, 04 Sep 2010
Location: Sin City

Which doc to go to for jaw slimming botox?

Postby BoFK » Sun, 10 Jun 2012 11:51 pm

I am interested in doing botox as I have unequal jawline and grind my teeth when under stress. Where would you recommend and the prices please?

BreezeSG
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 23 Mar 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby BreezeSG » Mon, 16 Jul 2012 12:15 pm

Try stem cell therapy? It is a long term thing and much cheaper than boltox

athys88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 18 Sep 2012

Re: Botox

Postby athys88 » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 10:51 pm

madaboutplastic wrote:How come i see u in so many different forums promoting the same doc? U dr arthur agent or what? Dr arthur good in lipo but he charges not cheap for botox.

I have tmj pain since college. I had botox and dysport before. Alot people think cost more means doc administer more and that would have better result. Tnis is not true. Basically u should only paralyse the area with a time long enough for it to recover.

I did my jabs with various docs and at sgh. Recently found one at a tampines gp clinic for dyspot at around two hundred fifty sgd. works well to paralyse the tmj pain.

Gps can do the job if they have enough patients to work on. Some do botox better than those waanabe aesthetic docs. But this and micrdermabrasion r some few of whcih i think a gp can do. The rest of the other stuff like lip fillers inthink shd go to proper plastic docs





prayer wrote:My doctor is coming to SG next month early march and I am meeting him on 3 Mar (Sat) 6pm . He is a certified plastic surgeon. We will be sharing one bottle , each will have half a bottle which is 50 units which is more than enough for one person. It is cheaper as we split the cost . He use the original "BOTOX" . I 'm doing the forehead and eyes area so I definitely don't need a whole bottle. This will be my third time. I usually do every 6 to 9 months with him to maintain .So far the effect is good on me and there's no side effects and in fact it reduce my migraine attacks . You can see the effect after 4 days to a week depending on individual. This time I'm not able to share with my gf as she is pregnant that is why I'm finding someone to share with me . If you share with me, we will continue to share in future doing it every 6 to 9 mths to maintain the results :) when my doctor come to singapore. He is always coming to singapore every few months to meet his SG patients and he is quite famous among singaporeans. If anyone interested to share with me, please email me at prayerjan@gmail.com to arrange to meet him up to do the BOTOX.
Please email to me for faster reply, instead of PM me .


Can i ask which tampines clinic you head to? My TMJ is back after 9 months of being pain free after a botox session, and its expensive maintenance to head to those aesthetic doctors in town for the same job.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: Botox

Postby nakatago » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 11:21 pm

athys88 wrote:Can i ask which tampines clinic you head to? My TMJ is back after 9 months of being pain free after a botox session, and its expensive maintenance to head to those aesthetic doctors in town for the same job.


TMJ? Have you tried seeing an orthodontist specializing in TMJ? I'd recommended who treated me but she doesn't practice or even in Singapore.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests