Singapore Expats Forum

Act of kindness

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

vbelle
Chatter
Chatter

Act of kindness

Postby vbelle » Mon, 22 Mar 2010 10:51 am

I was strolling down Singapore with a friend yesterday..well not really...but it was more than a good hour walking..
Weather was nice..translates to cloudy..and we found ourselves in Lady Hill Rd..never been there..ever..so upon finding out its a dead end and decided to find our way back..rain starts to pour..heavily..
Soaking wet, waiting for the taxi we called...a white sedan stopped..it was a lady with perhaps her daughter..they stopped and gave us an umbrella!
It actually crossed my mind to just say no..cause we were already soaking wet..but then, when I offer someone..I would like them to just receive it and be thankful..so thats what I did...
thanks to the generous ladies...its a simple act..but they were being very kind..
few other cars passed by before that..and they didnt do anything..not saying that they are bad..just that these two people are special :)

x9200

Re: Act of kindness

Postby x9200 » Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:03 pm

Lucky you :-)
Now I can't help myself and I am going to tell you our rainy day story. 3 years ago or so our motorbike just stopped in the middle of the road and I was not able to do anything to convince him to start working. It was like 2km from our place in CCK so we (my wife and myself) decided just to take a walk a push the bastard all the way to te mechanic (conveniently close to our place). After 15 min or so it started pouring like hell so we were completely soaked wet walking and pushing the bike along the road. Almost all the cars were slowing down to take a better look and many drivers and passengers just laughed at us. For the whole way there was one car only that stopped and the driver asked us whether we needed any help. And guess what, the driver was an Ang-Moh, just like us.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:14 pm

vbelle wrote:I was strolling down Singapore with a friend yesterday..well not really...but it was more than a good hour walking..

Nice things happen to nice people, vbelle

(Not disparaging x9200, of course)

'nuff said Image

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:20 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
vbelle wrote:I was strolling down Singapore with a friend yesterday..well not really...but it was more than a good hour walking..

Nice things happen to nice people, vbelle

(Not disparaging x9200, of course)

It's happened to me more than once, and I really appreciated Singaporeans hospitality, I also pay it forward by doing the same, having several umbrellas in the car these days.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:32 pm

ksl wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:Nice things happen to nice people, vbelle

It's happened to me more than once, .

Oh well, there goes my theory. :?

:wink:

'nuff said Image

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Mon, 22 Mar 2010 1:06 pm

Same here, I have been in these shoes myself, and also I got luck a couple of times.

Difficult to return the favour, as I don't drive and would be quite ridiculous to walk on the street with a few umbrellas.

But on the average, I think local people is quite kind. Of course read "on the average". There is very nice and very nasty people everywhere in the world

vbelle
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vbelle » Mon, 22 Mar 2010 1:09 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
ksl wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:Nice things happen to nice people, vbelle

It's happened to me more than once, .

Oh well, there goes my theory. :?

:wink:

hahaha...

well thanks for always being sweet, Vaucluse :)

i think the one who help me were Singaporeans...