Singapore Expats Forum

Where to buy Kabana?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Where to buy Kabana?

Postby ozchick » Sun, 21 Mar 2010 4:58 pm

Anyone seen that here? Plenty of sliced cold meats, salamis, etc but no can find Kabana. It's great on the table for a savoury menu with crackers, cheese, dips and the like. Can't find a substitue for it either other than salami which really isn't at all like it. Sliced strasbourg is the closest thing in taste I suppose .....
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

aster
Manager
Manager

Postby aster » Mon, 22 Mar 2010 2:04 am

Have you tried that Swiss place (I know, I know, what you're looking for isn't Swiss) on Tanglin or Huber's? Just a though...

I'll keep my eyes open for the stuff.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Mon, 22 Mar 2010 8:56 pm

aster wrote:Have you tried that Swiss place (I know, I know, what you're looking for isn't Swiss) on Tanglin or Huber's? Just a though...

I'll keep my eyes open for the stuff.

Yeah worth a go...there's the Swiss butcher off Bukit Timah near me...yeah maybe they've got it or could get it...their meat is mostly from Oz anyway so there's a chance.....thanks! Actually, and now that you mention it the Aussie butcher at Jalan Merah Saga....worth asking them both I reckon.
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'