Singapore Expats Forum

EMIRATES Intw @ 10.04.2010

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
hypertrophic

Postby hypertrophic » Sun, 05 Sep 2010 9:38 pm

is this open day only for stewardesses or stewards inclusive?

stellajane
Regular
Regular

Postby stellajane » Tue, 07 Sep 2010 5:48 pm

usually its just female CC. For male usually they will receive an email inviting them down for the open days. I think :lol:
why not!~

bobatealover

Postby bobatealover » Tue, 07 Sep 2010 6:43 pm

I wish I had the courage to try out for Emirates because I heard the working culture there is great and the pay is excellent too. Just don't have the courage to be prepared to leave my family and bf behind if by some luck I get selected. Well, all e best to those who are trying out! :wink: Let us know how it goes!

stellajane
Regular
Regular

Postby stellajane » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 10:34 am

Just saw the ad for emirates cc recruitment. Since when written n verbal skills in mandarin a requirement for a Dubai-based airline? If speaking arabic is essential, I wld understand but Mandarin?

It is also held on the 2nd day of hari raya which would eliminate the possibility of any Malay/Muslims candidates unless they dun enjoy Hari Raya and happens to speak and write Mandarin as well. I'm not racist or anything but I sense a great deal of prejudice here.

Then again maybe Emirates has too many Malays. LOL :lol:
why not!~

virgobabe

Postby virgobabe » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 5:28 pm

stellajane wrote:Just saw the ad for emirates cc recruitment. Since when written n verbal skills in mandarin a requirement for a Dubai-based airline? If speaking arabic is essential, I wld understand but Mandarin?

It is also held on the 2nd day of hari raya which would eliminate the possibility of any Malay/Muslims candidates unless they dun enjoy Hari Raya and happens to speak and write Mandarin as well. I'm not racist or anything but I sense a great deal of prejudice here.

Hi!I'm kinda new here...been following this thread but only decide to "appear" now!lol
Anyway I saw the ad too and to my understanding it was stated that verbal and writing Mandarin is essentialBUT that doesn't necessarily means it's COMPULSORY,no??Correct me if I'm wrong but think it doesn't hurt to try even if u do not have that skill cos U'll never know...psst...I might give it a go..and yes I'm a Malay that doesn't write in Mandarin but I do have the basic grasp of the language...well..let's just see what happens :wink:

virgobabe

Postby virgobabe » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 5:29 pm

hypertrophic wrote:is this open day only for stewardesses or stewards inclusive?

emmm...saw it's only for stewardesses :D

nashikin

Postby nashikin » Thu, 09 Sep 2010 12:00 pm

virgobabe wrote:
stellajane wrote:Just saw the ad for emirates cc recruitment. Since when written n verbal skills in mandarin a requirement for a Dubai-based airline? If speaking arabic is essential, I wld understand but Mandarin?

Hi!I'm kinda new here...been following this thread but only decide to "appear" now!lol
Anyway I saw the ad too and to my understanding it was stated that verbal and writing Mandarin is essentialBUT that doesn't necessarily means it's COMPULSORY,no??Correct me if I'm wrong but think it doesn't hurt to try even if u do not have that skill cos U'll never know...psst...I might give it a go..and yes I'm a Malay that doesn't write in Mandarin but I do have the basic grasp of the language...well..let's just see what happens :wink:

Hi, where did you find out regarding the mandarin requirements?
I cant find it on the website.
Im Malay too and Might be going this saturday for the interviews!
anyone going ?

virgobabe

Postby virgobabe » Thu, 09 Sep 2010 1:05 pm

nashikin wrote:
virgobabe wrote:

anyone going ?

nashikin...was in the papers yesterday!I'm probably giving it a try despite the stated essential..lol..so hope to see ya there!

nashikin

Postby nashikin » Fri, 10 Sep 2010 1:41 pm

virgobabe wrote:
nashikin wrote:
virgobabe wrote:

anyone going ?

nashikin...was in the papers yesterday!I'm probably giving it a try despite the stated essential..lol..so hope to see ya there!

hey virgobabe, u want to go together with me?
email me at nuashikin@gmail.com

sychelles

Postby sychelles » Fri, 10 Sep 2010 4:25 pm

Hi, im going for tml's OP. Do you want to go together?

And what do we have to bring for the walk-in at holiday Inn? i cant find the OD details in their website under Singapore location.

Care to share and meet up to go for the OD together?

Cheers!

Drop me a sms if we can meet up to go together: 94502844

weeweewee

Postby weeweewee » Sat, 11 Sep 2010 11:21 pm

hi! been reading the forum for a while but never register and post.

how's the walk in today? sad to say i failed :(

hopefully they will recruit soon, really want to join EK and i am getting old, difficult to fight with the young girls... :oops:

bobatealover

Postby bobatealover » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 12:05 am

Care to share what happened during the interview? :) Hope you don't feel too bad... I know how it feels to get rejected. Cheer up, Chin up! :)

virgobabe

Postby virgobabe » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 3:23 pm

Hi nashikin...sorry didn't log on earlier...anyway how did it go for you?

I managed to get through to the 2nd round...now a bundle of nerves till 2wks time :P

virgobabe

Postby virgobabe » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 3:24 pm

weeweewee wrote:hi! been reading the forum for a while but never register and post.

how's the walk in today? sad to say i failed :(

hopefully they will recruit soon, really want to join EK and i am getting old, difficult to fight with the young girls... :oops:

Don't feel too sad ok?Max age is 35 anyway...so try again if u can!psst...I'm NOT that young too :wink:

weeweewee

Postby weeweewee » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 4:45 pm

bobatealover wrote:Care to share what happened during the interview? :) Hope you don't feel too bad... I know how it feels to get rejected. Cheer up, Chin up! :)

i guess maybe i talk too much? hahaha.. and maybe is and look much older than the girls there. i think i am the oldest in the group of 16 girls