Singapore Expats Forum

EMIRATES Intw @ 10.04.2010

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sidney93
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed, 02 Apr 2008

Postby sidney93 » Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:18 am

Yup I went to the Emirates website and the Global Open Day page is blank! Only the Global Assessment Day pages has all the countries and dates.

Can anyone confirm?

lady747
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun, 28 Mar 2010

Postby lady747 » Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:21 am

blurcase wrote:
lady747 wrote:
freeflow wrote:I think they have cancelled the open day here in Singapore, damn..I can't find the information anymore.


it's in the emirates website. How can it be cancelled?


I cant see it also.. dun have.. gosh.. I have been preparing this for so long.. How How How..


guys guys guys! https://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/ ... b=/english

i'll post a screenshot later because i am only using an iphone just so u know it is NOT CANCELLED.

lady747
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun, 28 Mar 2010

Postby lady747 » Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:28 am

lady747 wrote:
blurcase wrote:
lady747 wrote:
freeflow wrote:I think they have cancelled the open day here in Singapore, damn..I can't find the information anymore.


it's in the emirates website. How can it be cancelled?


I cant see it also.. dun have.. gosh.. I have been preparing this for so long.. How How How..


guys guys guys! https://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/ ... b=/english

i'll post a screenshot later because i am only using an iphone just so u know it is NOT CANCELLED.


if u still cant see it, i think servers are updating the information so you'll have to wait... Just be patient :)

sgexpat2011
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu, 14 Jan 2010

Postby sgexpat2011 » Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:35 am

Singapore is under the OPEN DAYS list, its not canceled, its gonna be on the 10th of April, please don't confuse it with the Assessment day, which as the website initially posted( but is now gone) will be on the 24th-25th of April. They probably removed it to avoid confusion.

I think this is important to understand especially for those who are traveling to Singapore for the OD.

blurcase
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed, 09 Dec 2009

Postby blurcase » Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:38 am

lady747 wrote:
lady747 wrote:
blurcase wrote:
lady747 wrote:
freeflow wrote:I think they have cancelled the open day here in Singapore, damn..I can't find the information anymore.


it's in the emirates website. How can it be cancelled?


I cant see it also.. dun have.. gosh.. I have been preparing this for so long.. How How How..


guys guys guys! https://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/ ... b=/english

i'll post a screenshot later because i am only using an iphone just so u know it is NOT CANCELLED.


if u still cant see it, i think servers are updating the information so you'll have to wait... Just be patient :)



Awhh.. Thanks Alots~!
God Bless you Lady747~!

Anyway.. is this your first interview with Emirates?

Anyone knows since Sass Atlantic is their appointed agency, will there be any biase? Since Sass provide course for FA wannabe..
Worried..

sidney93
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed, 02 Apr 2008

Postby sidney93 » Mon, 29 Mar 2010 1:10 pm

Thanks so much for clarifying! And all the best to those who will be going on the 10th April!

lady747
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun, 28 Mar 2010

To blurcase

Postby lady747 » Mon, 29 Mar 2010 3:46 pm

No problem blurcase, this is going to be my second time with EK OD, i attended the MNL OD but i wasnt eligible yet because i was only 20, turning 21 in a few days but they did not let me pass! They are quite strict so I would like to try with sass atlantic. Maybe i can deal with their strictness! :)

can you guys now see the SG OD in their website? Hopefully you guys can... :)

lady747
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun, 28 Mar 2010

Anyone please..

Postby lady747 » Mon, 29 Mar 2010 5:04 pm

Will I be required to apply for an S-pass if I am going to the EK OD? Or not required? Thanks :)

sgexpat2011
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu, 14 Jan 2010

Postby sgexpat2011 » Mon, 29 Mar 2010 5:31 pm

hi lady747, you don't need an s-pass, its only for working foreigners in Singapore, once you arrive in Singapore, they will give you a social visit pass good either 15 or 30 days, that allows you to stay in the country.

lady747
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun, 28 Mar 2010

Postby lady747 » Mon, 29 Mar 2010 5:38 pm

sgexpat2011 wrote:hi lady747, you don't need an s-pass, its only for working foreigners in Singapore, once you arrive in Singapore, they will give you a social visit pass good either 15 or 30 days, that allows you to stay in the country.


Thank you sgexpat2011! That clears things for me.

How about if for example I am here in my home country and I am asked by the company to go to Singapore for an interview (I applied through online only), am I still required to get an employment pass since it is not technically looking for a job but just invited for an interview?

sgexpat2011
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu, 14 Jan 2010

Postby sgexpat2011 » Mon, 29 Mar 2010 5:52 pm

during the OD, you would automatically know if you are accepted or not, you'll then be given an invitation for the assessment day, which is two weeks from the OD, then after you got the letter, you can go back to Manila, wait two weeks and then just come back for the big day. :D

lady747
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun, 28 Mar 2010

Postby lady747 » Mon, 29 Mar 2010 6:19 pm

lady747 wrote:
sgexpat2011 wrote:hi lady747, you don't need an s-pass, its only for working foreigners in Singapore, once you arrive in Singapore, they will give you a social visit pass good either 15 or 30 days, that allows you to stay in the country.


Thank you sgexpat2011! That clears things for me.

How about if for example I am here in my home country and I am asked by the company to go to Singapore for an interview (I applied through online only), am I still required to get an employment pass since it is not technically looking for a job but just invited for an interview?


i mean a different company, it's not EK.. :)

jethro18
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun, 28 Mar 2010

Postby jethro18 » Tue, 30 Mar 2010 6:18 pm

Does anyone know that TOEIC test is necessary to apply for Emirates FA? just heard news that last Open day in Jakarta, theu only invited around 3-5 Male for the assesment day out of many of Male applicant dropping their CV during the open day. Anyone can confirm this? thx

cythx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun, 16 Mar 2008

Postby cythx » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 11:17 am

I received their invitation to Emirates Walk In Interview on 10th April 2010.
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

sidney93
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed, 02 Apr 2008

Postby sidney93 » Tue, 06 Apr 2010 3:55 pm

Hi cythx, me too! Any idea what is our online app. no. that they require on Sat? Who else received their email?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests