Singapore Expats

EMIRATES Intw @ 10.04.2010

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
weeweewee

Post by weeweewee » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 4:48 pm

virgobabe wrote:
weeweewee wrote:hi! been reading the forum for a while but never register and post.

how's the walk in today? sad to say i failed :(

hopefully they will recruit soon, really want to join EK and i am getting old, difficult to fight with the young girls... :oops:
Don't feel too sad ok?Max age is 35 anyway...so try again if u can!psst...I'm NOT that young too :wink:
congrats virgobabe! :)

the next round is in two weeks time? don't worry i am sure u will make it.

hehehe... but still if u put me in a room with early 20s girls, its very obvious that i look older than them.

but this time round, Andrew is not doing the selection. i remember last year when i went it was Andrew doing the selection.

nashikin

Post by nashikin » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 5:29 pm

Hey Virgobabe,
I didn't go. Down with high fever since Malay raya. Haiz. It's 2nd time ek intrvw I fall sick.
Haven rezeki yet.
:(, congrats to u thu.

bobatealover

Post by bobatealover » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 11:44 pm

Oic..don't let this dishearten you, weeweewee. Emirates is expanding rapidly with their huge orders of A380s (that's my guess) so I'm sure they will conduct another recruitment drive in Singapore. My guess is early next year or perhaps even end of this year! :) As for your looks, I think as long as you look presentable and professional, it should be ok?

virgobabe

Post by virgobabe » Mon, 13 Sep 2010 3:35 pm

Thanks for the best wishes!But really feeling the nerves cos like weeweewee age is not in my favour :wink: I'm one of the oldest in my group of 15 ladies!There were a couple of us not so young..
Btw..in my case,Andrew did the selections as I was there early -mine was the 2nd group around 930am or so?
Oh yeah with regards to the "essential Mandarin"requirements,some of u would perhaps like to know that it's because of the sole reason that they are expanding more into the China market so for those non-Mandarin speaking/reading etc they might be put on hold for training.

greenish

Post by greenish » Sun, 19 Sep 2010 5:26 pm

hey guys, i was wondering how's the pay range for emirates? like pay during training, and pay upon commencing of flight duties? (have been googling for it but don't seem to be able to find any results from it)

also, compared to SIA, which is actually a better airline?

thank you~ =)

lena_teoh

Post by lena_teoh » Wed, 06 Oct 2010 7:49 am

Hi everyone, May i know when there have walk in interview ?