Singapore Expats Forum

looking for a training job

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

meteor

looking for a training job

Postby meteor » Wed, 17 Mar 2010 5:04 pm

Hello,

Good day to everyone! :D

I am a Chinese born in the Philippines and lives here for several years already. Similar to the concern of most people here, I am not a Singaporean citizen/PR but I'm really hoping to get a good job in Singapore (this is my long time goal). I tried applying in several jobsites but didn't get any answer. I understand that times are difficult right now and getting a job is very challenging. I am willing to go to SG to apply personally if chances of finding a job would be bigger.

My specialization is training & development (2 years experience in corporate training & devp & 1 year exp in education). I have master's degree in psychology, my grades are fairly high and I can speak Mandarin. I don't know if my qualifications are "unique" enough to help me get a job in SG since I know that there are a lot of good and talented locals.
If there are any openings in your organization that I may be qualified, may I request for your kind assistance please?

Thanks in advance! :)

Chriss99

Postby Chriss99 » Thu, 18 Mar 2010 1:57 pm

Hi meteor,
My name is Chris, I'm just a newbie and this is actually my first post here.. well anyway, as to what you're asking.
I think you have a better chance to get a job if you apply personally. But of course, like in any country, there's a lot of competitions here.. so you should ready yourself. As you see, the percentage of unemployment here in SG is quite high.

There's going to be a Career Expo here in Singapore on March 26-28. You might want to drop and try your luck, anyway that's open to everyone (except for underage).
You can register online here: Career Expo 2010

Good Luck! :)

meteor

Postby meteor » Fri, 19 Mar 2010 4:35 pm

Chriss99 wrote:Hi meteor,
My name is Chris, I'm just a newbie and this is actually my first post here.. well anyway, as to what you're asking.
I think you have a better chance to get a job if you apply personally. But of course, like in any country, there's a lot of competitions here.. so you should ready yourself. As you see, the percentage of unemployment here in SG is quite high.

There's going to be a Career Expo here in Singapore on March 26-28. You might want to drop and try your luck, anyway that's open to everyone (except for underage).
You can register online here: Career Expo 2010

Good Luck! :)

Hi Chris,

It's nice to meet helpful people like you on this forum. :)

Thanks so much for the wonderful advice and the news you provided about Career Expo. :) I hope they are going to have another run of the job expo as March 26 is too soon.

Once again, many thanks for your suggestions. I truly appreciate it! :D All the best! :)

Chriss99

Postby Chriss99 » Fri, 19 Mar 2010 6:28 pm

meteor wrote:

Hi Chris,

It's nice to meet helpful people like you on this forum. :)

Thanks so much for the wonderful advice and the news you provided about Career Expo. :) I hope they are going to have another run of the job expo as March 26 is too soon.

Once again, many thanks for your suggestions. I truly appreciate it! :D All the best! :)

you're welcome meteor,
I do hope you will be able to get job soon, it's not easy being jobless, especially when you're the one supporting your family.
Best of luck to you job hunting! :)