Singapore Expats Forum

Car Audio System & Accessories

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
User avatar
blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu, 19 Jul 2007
Location: Waveless beach

Car Audio System & Accessories

Postby blue_thunder » Tue, 16 Mar 2010 8:17 am

Where can I find car audio related accessories like Head unit/Amplifiers & Sub Woofers ?
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34659
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:27 am

Hey B_T, there is a auto audio facility/store/shop here in my building at Enterprise Hub on Toh Guan Road East. I think it's called Audio Edge or some such. There are always ripping out the guts of car door panels, seats, dashboards and boots and stuffing huge speakers, amps and changers/decks all the time. No idea of the quality or prices but I reckon not cheap.

Just had a quick google and they also have a website:

http://www.audioedge.com.sg/

There goes another set of eardrums! :lol:

User avatar
blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu, 19 Jul 2007
Location: Waveless beach

Postby blue_thunder » Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:48 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Hey B_T, there is a auto audio facility/store/shop here in my building at Enterprise Hub on Toh Guan Road East. I think it's called Audio Edge or some such. There are always ripping out the guts of car door panels, seats, dashboards and boots and stuffing huge speakers, amps and changers/decks all the time. No idea of the quality or prices but I reckon not cheap.

Just had a quick google and they also have a website:

http://www.audioedge.com.sg/

There goes another set of eardrums! :lol:


Thanks sms. I m looking only for the products not the installation which I can do it myself as I had done atleast 10+ installation before.
Toh guan :shock: ...thats quite faaar from my place will call them for prices and then decide upon visiting them.
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9294
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Tue, 16 Mar 2010 11:04 am

There should be more than something at Sim Lim TOWER. At least use to be.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34659
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 16 Mar 2010 11:38 am

They apparently have a location on Yio Chu Kang road as well.

User avatar
blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu, 19 Jul 2007
Location: Waveless beach

Postby blue_thunder » Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:50 pm

x9200 wrote:There should be more than something at Sim Lim TOWER. At least use to be.


SLS & SLT out of the equation . I am looking for a reseller or direct outlet something like BEST/Harvey Norman or Audio House.
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

User avatar
blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu, 19 Jul 2007
Location: Waveless beach

Postby blue_thunder » Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:52 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:They apparently have a location on Yio Chu Kang road as well.


Yes , I noticed that in their site . Will checkout on thursday .
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Postby Saint » Tue, 16 Mar 2010 9:45 pm

You can try Autobacs but they aren't the cheapest by a long. Some of the specialist installers are way cheaper and that includes installation chargers.

User avatar
blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu, 19 Jul 2007
Location: Waveless beach

Postby blue_thunder » Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:16 am

Saint wrote:You can try Autobacs but they aren't the cheapest by a long. Some of the specialist installers are way cheaper and that includes installation chargers.


Looks good on website.. :D
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9294
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:55 am

blue_thunder wrote:
x9200 wrote:There should be more than something at Sim Lim TOWER. At least use to be.


SLS & SLT out of the equation . I am looking for a reseller or direct outlet something like BEST/Harvey Norman or Audio House.

These are mostly resellers unless you meant something like one stop shop.

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Postby Saint » Wed, 17 Mar 2010 1:58 pm

blue_thunder wrote:
Saint wrote:You can try Autobacs but they aren't the cheapest by a long. Some of the specialist installers are way cheaper and that includes installation chargers.


Looks good on website.. :D


Good but expensive, for example there Sony XAV-W1 they were selling for $1.2k, I got at a workshop for $900 including installation.

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Wed, 17 Mar 2010 2:34 pm

Shop around in the heartlands for best price, there is also one at Kovan retailing car audio.

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Postby Saint » Wed, 17 Mar 2010 3:08 pm

Here are a couple of links to workshops that I know of and would recommend.

Dimension have a very good reputation for specialised set ups

http://www.dimensionaudio.com.sg/index.asp

SMT I've used before and can recommend

http://smttrading.sg.88db.com/default.htm

One thing to be aware of when visiting workshops or as KSL suggested, Heartland shops is that you wont see any items marked with prices. They will have 2 sets of prices, the "local" price and the "other" price.

User avatar
blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu, 19 Jul 2007
Location: Waveless beach

Postby blue_thunder » Wed, 17 Mar 2010 3:09 pm

I am actually looking for prices on the following models .

Clarion : VX709A or VZ709A
Alpine : IVA-W502E
JVC : KD-AVX77A / KW-AVX726 Series/ KW-AVX826U
Pioneer :- AVH-P4250DVD -1200 / AVH-P5250DVD /AVH-P3250DVD
Eclipse :- AVX5000

I am hoping them to be closer to 1K except Alpine which my edge towards 2 K. :(

Does anyone have this / used this HU in your cars ?
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Postby Saint » Wed, 17 Mar 2010 3:41 pm

blue_thunder wrote:Alpine : IVA-W502E

I am hoping them to be closer to 1K except Alpine which my edge towards 2 K. :(

Does anyone have this / used this HU in your cars ?


I know that Dinemsion have done this Alpine for $1.5k including installation in the past


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Computer, Internet, Phone & Electronics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests