Singapore Expats Forum

Indian boy's death, stranger by the minute....

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Indian boy's death, stranger by the minute....

Postby ozchick » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 11:53 am

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/102 ... other-baby

Is anyone else up with this case?Has anyone else read this article?
We've gone from a boy missing for hours TO hearing that he was accidentally injured and subsequently driven around in a car-boot for hours while he died and was then dumped in grassland somewhere.
Then the father was saying that the guy who did it didn't mean any harm and now the mother is wanting to replace the little guy! Jeezaloo......are they all a sandwich short of a picnic.
:???:
Last edited by ozchick on Sat, 13 Mar 2010 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Indian boy's death, stranger by the minute....

Postby Splatted » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:05 pm

ozchick wrote:Then the father was saying that the guy who did it didn't mean any harm

You left out the bit where the parents of the guy who "accidentally" killed the child insisted he had been framed.

yeah, it's one of those stories where if script-writers dreamed up this plot for some mini-series, it would get tossed out as being 'too unrealistic'

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 3:53 pm

Splatted wrote:
ozchick wrote:Then the father was saying that the guy who did it didn't mean any harm

You left out the bit where the parents of the guy who "accidentally" killed the child insisted he had been framed.

yeah, it's one of those stories where if script-writers dreamed up this plot for some mini-series, it would get tossed out as being 'too unrealistic'

Damn, have to get some blame in here for the Caucasian Australians to keep KSL and the likes of utopia happy.

They parents are a weird bunch\.

'nuff said Image

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 5:05 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
Splatted wrote:

Damn, have to get some blame in here for the Caucasian Australians to keep KSL and the likes of utopia happy.

They parents are a weird bunch\.
Some very interesting research that traces migration, by DNA from Africa, and the first homo sapiens

Migration
http://www.testsymptomsathome.com/GTIB1_map.asp

Present day homo sapiens.
http://www.dnai.org/d/index.html?m=4,1

The social attitudes of what is normal for one culture is not for another, when discussing conditioning, and body language, the more developed the Country the more one is expected to act like a civilised person, from the superior races, we know that violent shaking of a child will cause damage, though that is assuming you have the commonsense, which many people do not have, no matter how much education. It also appears that all homo sapiens have the same genetics, so hello brothers, what ever your race, the only thing that separates us, is environmental, and cultural upbringing, which is probably also split into class systems in many Countries.. Interesting subject, which kicks the arse out of all those brothers, fighting over religion and hating eachother.

Only living in certain environments of high intellectual reasoning and development would you acquire knowledge, not down in the local ghettos, of the US UK, Aus or any other country..

Culture and habits are not easy to get rid of, they are apart of your identity, try telling a Tamil that shaking his head from side to side means no not yes, and he will still do it :) Honour killings are part of their heritage :wink:
Last edited by ksl on Sun, 14 Mar 2010 10:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Postby morenangpinay » Sun, 14 Mar 2010 10:30 pm

or...that two guys walking hand in hand looks gay....i wonder what it means in indiA?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sun, 14 Mar 2010 11:32 pm

morenangpinay wrote:or...that two guys walking hand in hand looks gay....i wonder what it means in indiA?

We all have a lot to learn about cultures, be it good or bad, my point is that genetic coding doesn't put a name on race.

Though much of what goes on in home countries is exported through cultural immigration http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8566102.stm that isn't to say they are better or worse, than ones own culture, but crime is crime in one country and maybe not in the home country.

The UK have a great deal more cases of domestic violence, than what is reported in the link above....though many would see it as uncivilised behaviour patterns, those in the same kind of environmental setting in UK, what find it quite normal .......I can say that police really do not like to get involved in domestic cases, and i for one as a child, and my mother, was thrown onto the street, not once but many times by my father, to walk the streets all night and take refuge with friends. Then you have the humiliation at school to deal with too, with the name calling and abuse, though i was already capable of looking after myself and only grew from strength to strength, many do not.

There are literally 100's in the same boat every day, if not thousands of unfortunates...it's no different any where else in the world, it just gets more attention in a well developed country and their maybe larger clusters..

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 15 Mar 2010 9:39 am

morenangpinay wrote:or...that two guys walking hand in hand looks gay....i wonder what it means in indiA?

. . . it doesn't mean they're gay. Cultural differences

'nuff said Image

carteki
Editor
Editor

Postby carteki » Mon, 15 Mar 2010 11:20 am

Splatted wrote:yeah, it's one of those stories where if script-writers dreamed up this plot for some mini-series, it would get tossed out as being 'too unrealistic'

You mean that some soap opera scenes actually get REJECTED for being too unrealistic? I would never have thought so...

utopia
Regular
Regular

Postby utopia » Tue, 16 Mar 2010 7:31 am

Vaucluse wrote:Damn, have to get some blame in here for the Caucasian Australians to keep KSL and the likes of utopia happy.

Vaucluse, I think it would be interesting if you would like to share/explain why you would think it would make the likes of utopia 'happy' that some blame is attributed to 'Caucasian Australians' for a death of a 3 year old child.

utopia
Regular
Regular

Postby utopia » Tue, 16 Mar 2010 7:48 am

ozchick wrote:http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/1026312/gurshans-mother-wants-another-baby

Is anyone else up with this case?Has anyone else read this article?
We've gone from a boy missing for hours TO hearing that he was accidentally injured and subsequently driven around in a car-boot for hours while he died and was then dumped in grassland somewhere.
Then the father was saying that the guy who did it didn't mean any harm and now the mother is wanting to replace the little guy! Jeezaloo......are they all a sandwich short of a picnic.
:???:

I would imagine that are shades of the truth in here. 'Accidentally' could well have been 'on purpose' but without knowing or intending the final result. The police seem to be hedging their bets too.

Both parents need grief counseling and to complete the grieving process. Although the public/media wants to know more, I think all parties should take a step back let a grieving process occur among family and friends.
Although, I wouldn't discount the possibility there were monetary incentives for the mother to go on radio.

"Speaking on SBS Radio's Punjabi program his mother, Harpreet Kaur Channa, pleaded for Australians to pray for her to replace her boy.

"Our families are supporting us. They keep saying that we'll have another baby soon," she said.

"Please pray for me, that I have another child so Gurshan comes back"

I read that part of the article as well, I'm thinking possibly 'reincarnation' is a factor in their beliefs.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:48 pm

utopia wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:Damn, have to get some blame in here for the Caucasian Australians to keep KSL and the likes of utopia happy.

Vaucluse, I think it would be interesting if you would like to share/explain why you would think it would make the likes of utopia 'happy' that some blame is attributed to 'Caucasian Australians' for a death of a 3 year old child.

To feed the fanfare that you and KSL have started here about genetic predispositions of Australians . . . because it would 'support' your opinions.

'nuff said Image

utopia
Regular
Regular

Postby utopia » Wed, 17 Mar 2010 5:34 pm

Vaucluse wrote:To feed the fanfare that you and KSL have started here about genetic predispositions of Australians . . . because it would 'support' your opinions.

Would you care to further share/explain what you think my opinions regarding "genetic predispositions of Australians" are? - in the context of supporting your statement:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 17 Mar 2010 7:46 pm

Sure, just check out the other thread, Melbourne thread, where you and KSL engage in a mutual masturbation fantasia regarding genetics and a populations unwillingness to change laws

Again, it would be ever so interesting to know where you hail from . . . you know, just out of interest sake . . . level the playing field, as it were

'nuff said Image

utopia
Regular
Regular

Postby utopia » Thu, 18 Mar 2010 8:13 am

So now genetics is linked to unwillingness to change laws?
Interesting.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Thu, 18 Mar 2010 1:45 pm

utopia wrote:So now genetics is linked to unwillingness to change laws?
Interesting.

Lie with dogs, wake with fleas. Your ludicrous assertions, backed up by the odd newspaper article.

So, care to share with us where you are from? IP in Singapore, perhaps, but you hail from where?

'nuff said Image