Singapore Expats Forum

Thinking of returning to SP from New York - Can you help ?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

newyorkbrit

Thinking of returning to SP from New York - Can you help ?

Postby newyorkbrit » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 8:46 am

Hi All

Be gentle Im new around here !

Im a New York based British guy ....work to me to NY and Ive made a great living whilst here.

I lived in Singapore before New York and this may sound strange but I really miss the livestyle.

New York is great but there lots of things I dont like about the place ...

Am I mad to consider relocating back to SP ? I left 5 years ago so I imagine a lot has changed ..

Just wondering if anyone has been in the same position and made the move back ??

Im fortunate in that I really can work anywhere and still have a SP based company so work isnt a problem ...

Id love to hear your thoughts ...

Many thanks

NYBrit

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 9:44 am

Lots of people have bounced back to Singapore, but really why would you care? You've lived in both places, you know better than anyone what to expect ~ so go for it! Or at least schedule some vacation time here? It's a nice place to live, but it has changed a bit. More traffic, more construction but good things too like more MRT stations, Universal Studios, more museums and gallery space. I suggest you come back, have a look around, set up some interviews than take it from there.