Singapore Expats Forum

EPEC Approved via email, when can I apply for LTVP online?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
john10

EPEC Approved via email, when can I apply for LTVP online?

Postby john10 » Fri, 12 Mar 2010 2:50 pm

Hello!
I'm located in India, and have received EPEC approval via email today.

My query: Can I apply for the Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) through the online e-VP system rightaway from India? Or should I wait until the EPEC document arrives at my residence address (after about 4 weeks) and then apply for LTVP through eVP system from India? Any clarification in this regard would be appreciated...Thank you!

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby FaeLLe » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 7:43 pm

I would recommend waiting since you would need that to travel anyway.

Lead time should be minimal once you apply through e-VP.

john10

Thank you!

Postby john10 » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 9:43 pm

Hi FaeLLE!
Thanks a lot for the update! will wait for the document and then apply through e-VP.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: EPEC Approved via email, when can I apply for LTVP onlin

Postby ksl » Sun, 14 Mar 2010 10:45 pm

john10 wrote:Hello!

My query: Can I apply for the Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) through the online e-VP system rightaway from India? Or should I wait until the EPEC document arrives at my residence address (after about 4 weeks) and then apply for LTVP through eVP system from India? Any clarification in this regard would be appreciated...Thank you!
Why would you want a LTVSP pass? Are you not married?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Mar 2010 12:19 am

ksl wrote:

Hey ksl, into the Baron's early today? What does being married have to do with an EPEC?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 15 Mar 2010 5:43 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
ksl wrote:

Hey ksl, into the Baron's early today? What does being married have to do with an EPEC?
No idea? Oh I am guessing the EPEC is issued with LTSVP while looking for a job because I don't know. I Had to check the time of the post! 10:45 pm No Barons :) It's just after shock DT's :)

Look at the time 5:49 a.m and I've just woke up a new man, seen the light and I'm off to the gym early :shock: No more barons until I drop some weight :P

john10

Postby john10 » Mon, 15 Mar 2010 12:34 pm

Being currently overseas, I've applied for the EPEC to locate a job in SG. Along with the EPEC, I also need the LTSVP to allow me to stay in SG while job hunting (for abt 1 year as the rules say).

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Mar 2010 3:16 pm

john10 wrote:Being currently overseas, I've applied for the EPEC to locate a job in SG. Along with the EPEC, I also need the LTSVP to allow me to stay in SG while job hunting (for abt 1 year as the rules say).

That we know. But neither has any thing to do with being married or not. :wink: