Singapore Expats Forum

Visit to Singapore Museum on Sunday Afternoon 13 march

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
davidcj
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 12 Jan 2010
Location: London

Visit to Singapore Museum on Sunday Afternoon 13 march

Postby davidcj » Fri, 12 Mar 2010 2:05 pm

Anyone want to join a group going to the national Museum of Singapore on Sunday afternoon ?

It's a great cool (in both senses of the word) place to spend a hot Sunday afternoon. In addition to the galleries, there's a very pretty, bright spacious cafeteria.

This is the web site:

nationalmuseum.sg

We'll just meet in the foyer, go have a coffee, people can wander round the parts they like then those that feel like it go have a drink somewhere nearby.

If you feel like joining in, then reply to this, or send me an email at osmancj@hotmail.com.

David

davidcj
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 12 Jan 2010
Location: London

Postby davidcj » Fri, 12 Mar 2010 2:06 pm

whoops I meant Sunday 14th March...

pinkbam
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat, 23 Jan 2010

Postby pinkbam » Fri, 12 Mar 2010 11:05 pm

I have never visited this museum. How much is the entry ticket?

davidcj
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 12 Jan 2010
Location: London

Prices

Postby davidcj » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 1:53 am

Its S$10 for the permanent exhibition and an extra $15 if you want to see the Egyptian gallery.
The permanent exhibition is perfect for a few hours, without the Egyptian stuff,
Yrs David

Tas Burrfoot
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue, 10 Nov 2009
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Prices

Postby Tas Burrfoot » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 9:46 pm

davidcj wrote:Its S$10 for the permanent exhibition and an extra $15 if you want to see the Egyptian gallery.
The permanent exhibition is perfect for a few hours, without the Egyptian stuff,
Yrs David


I dunno if this still holds but when I was there 2 months ago, I got 50% off when I charged the tickets using my mastercard...
My Misadventures... - trips in and around Southeast Asia

pinkbam
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat, 23 Jan 2010

Postby pinkbam » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 10:17 pm

Hope it still valid.
What do you think of this museum?

Tas Burrfoot
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue, 10 Nov 2009
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Tas Burrfoot » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 10:38 pm

pinkbam wrote:Hope it still valid.
What do you think of this museum?


It is a good museum... Along with Images of Singapore, this can give you a detailed insight of the history of Singapore. Guided tours are available, usually this is a good start for your excursion to the museum. After that, you can take your time and explore the exhibit with the help of the audio guide which you can loan for free.

The Egyptian exhibit is also nice... There is a real life mummy inside, i think there were 2 of them.

Enjoy!!
My Misadventures... - trips in and around Southeast Asia

DaisyRae
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun, 01 Feb 2009
Location: East Coast

Re: Prices

Postby DaisyRae » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 10:44 pm

Tas Burrfoot wrote:
davidcj wrote:Its S$10 for the permanent exhibition and an extra $15 if you want to see the Egyptian gallery.
The permanent exhibition is perfect for a few hours, without the Egyptian stuff,
Yrs David


I dunno if this still holds but when I was there 2 months ago, I got 50% off when I charged the tickets using my mastercard...


Yup! The 50% off promo when you use your mastercard is still valid! That's a lot of savings.. Unfortunately, I have visa.. -.-
Hindsight is always 20/20.

Tas Burrfoot
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue, 10 Nov 2009
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Prices

Postby Tas Burrfoot » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 10:47 pm

DaisyRae wrote:
Tas Burrfoot wrote:
davidcj wrote:Its S$10 for the permanent exhibition and an extra $15 if you want to see the Egyptian gallery.
The permanent exhibition is perfect for a few hours, without the Egyptian stuff,
Yrs David


I dunno if this still holds but when I was there 2 months ago, I got 50% off when I charged the tickets using my mastercard...


Yup! The 50% off promo when you use your mastercard is still valid! That's a lot of savings.. Unfortunately, I have visa.. -.-


It pays to have both Visa and MC... But then again, I am out of topic here already!! 8-)
My Misadventures... - trips in and around Southeast Asia

DaisyRae
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun, 01 Feb 2009
Location: East Coast

Re: Prices

Postby DaisyRae » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 10:51 pm

Tas Burrfoot wrote:
DaisyRae wrote:
Tas Burrfoot wrote:
davidcj wrote:Its S$10 for the permanent exhibition and an extra $15 if you want to see the Egyptian gallery.
The permanent exhibition is perfect for a few hours, without the Egyptian stuff,
Yrs David


I dunno if this still holds but when I was there 2 months ago, I got 50% off when I charged the tickets using my mastercard...


Yup! The 50% off promo when you use your mastercard is still valid! That's a lot of savings.. Unfortunately, I have visa.. -.-


It pays to have both Visa and MC... But then again, I am out of topic here already!! 8-)


Actually, that's true. Different establishments have different exclusive credit card promotions and it'd really help if you have both - which is of course, easier said than done. =(
Hindsight is always 20/20.

pinkbam
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat, 23 Jan 2010

Postby pinkbam » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 10:53 pm

Cool. Looking forward to it. Thanks for your inputs.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest