Singapore Expats Forum

SingaporeExpats on Mobile Devices and Blackberry

Announcements, promotions, news, help. Ask about registrations, avatars, PM and others. Post all your forum and Singapore Expats site related questions here.
FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed, 28 Feb 2007
Location: London

SingaporeExpats on Mobile Devices and Blackberry

Postby FaeLLe » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 1:02 pm

Hello,

How about making these forums readable on mobile phones ie. come up with a mobile version of this forum.

Currently they look very ugly and difficult to read from a Blackberry or mobile phone.

You could use something like BerryLab ( http://www.berryblab.com/ ) that allows you to integrate vbulletin forums into blackberries.
That would be an easy way to do it except for a massive code writing exercise.

Something to look into.
This could surge usage levels massively.

Wellman
Regular
Regular
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu, 26 Nov 2009

Re: SingaporeExpats on Mobile Devices and Blackberry

Postby Wellman » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 1:39 pm

FaeLLe wrote:Hello,

How about making these forums readable on mobile phones ie. come up with a mobile version of this forum.

Currently they look very ugly and difficult to read from a Blackberry or mobile phone.

You could use something like BerryLab ( http://www.berryblab.com/ ) that allows you to integrate vbulletin forums into blackberries.
That would be an easy way to do it except for a massive code writing exercise.

Something to look into.
This could surge usage levels massively.


This forum is used for discussion and meeting new people........ so it probably isn't blackberry-user friendly!! :D

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 1:41 pm

This site looks great on my 5" screen handheld mobile internet tablet. :cool:

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed, 28 Feb 2007
Location: London

Re: SingaporeExpats on Mobile Devices and Blackberry

Postby FaeLLe » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 1:41 pm

Wellman wrote:This forum is used for discussion and meeting new people........ so it probably isn't blackberry-user friendly!! :D


Yea but active contribution towards such posts would go up drastically if posts ver seen and viewable on such devices.

Wellman
Regular
Regular
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu, 26 Nov 2009

Re: SingaporeExpats on Mobile Devices and Blackberry

Postby Wellman » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 1:43 pm

FaeLLe wrote:
Wellman wrote:This forum is used for discussion and meeting new people........ so it probably isn't blackberry-user friendly!! :D


Yea but active contribution towards such posts would go up drastically if posts ver seen and viewable on such devices.


My joke has been wasted :(

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: SingaporeExpats on Mobile Devices and Blackberry

Postby nakatago » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 1:44 pm

FaeLLe wrote:
Wellman wrote:This forum is used for discussion and meeting new people........ so it probably isn't blackberry-user friendly!! :D


Yea but active contribution towards such posts would go up drastically if posts ver seen and viewable on such devices.


I think I speak on behalf of the others (especially SMS) when I say that posting from our work computers in just fine.... :cool: :cool: :cool:

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35178
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 2:54 pm

It's even readable on my old dopod 900 (which is still working like a charm!) but not using IE as the browser though.

Yep, 90% of my posts originate from there. At least I get a break for 1.5 hours each way before logging in again at home! :o

I'll let the US military handle all the 'surges'. :lol:
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Thu, 11 Mar 2010 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Announcement, Help & FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests