Singapore Expats Forum

Problem with maid

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Naoto_san

Problem with maid

Postby Naoto_san » Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:06 pm

Hi,

please advise guys.
I m facing some problem with my maid.I m a expat staying here with my wife,mother and a one yr old baby girl.My mother is a disabled. I engaged this indonesian maid 7 months ago from the agency who agreed to look after my mother and my baby.Everything seem to be smooth at first but lately my mother complaints to me that the maid has not been responding to her call for duty or ignoring her when work has to be done.Pass month ago my maid was caught using the caught using the handphone during work communicating with a bangladash worker.I have reported this to the maid agency.4 days ago my maid run off without consent and we made a police report by 24hrs.Leaving my disable mother and baby alone for 4 hours.The agency just told us to make a police report.I think this is very irresponsible.How do i go about this situation?shld i still pay the levy while the agency has not replace me with a maid.

therat
Reporter
Reporter

Postby therat » Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:49 pm

http://ifaq.mom.gov.sg/CustomerPages/Th ... estion=yes

Q: What should I do if my Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) has gone missing?
[1 Work Pass > 4 Work Permit > 1 Foreign Domestic Worker > 3 During Employment]

A:

As the employer of a Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW), you are required to report to Ministry of Manpower that your FDW has gone missing within 7 days of your knowledge of such an incident. The procedure to report on a missing FDW is as follows:
a) File a police report regarding your missing FDW; and
b) Inform Work Pass Division to cancel the FDW's Work Permit. The request for cancellation of Work Permit can be done electronically via Work Permit Online.

http://ifaq.mom.gov.sg/CustomerPages/Th ... selected=4

Q: How do I cancel my Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) Work Permit if she has gone missing?

A: Employers should cancel their Foreign Domestic Worker's (FDW) Work Permit (WP) if she has gone missing or runs away from home. The employer or Employment Agency (EA) can submit WP cancellation request via Work Permit Online (WPOL).

Upon cancellation of the Work Permit, you will be given a one month grace period from the date of the cancellation to locate and repatriate your FDW. If you are unable to do so, your security deposit will be forfeited.
However, if you are able to find or have assisted the authorities in locating your missing FDW within 3 months from the date of the Demand Letter to your bank or insurance company for Security Bond forfeiture, you can appeal for a refund of your forfeited security deposit.

=================
Police report is a must.
By the way, don't be surprise if the maid show up in their embassy and claim the employer ill-treat her.

Naoto_san

Thanks for the advise

Postby Naoto_san » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 12:31 am

Hi, thanks for the advise.

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Splatted » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 12:38 am

therat wrote:Police report is a must.
By the way, don't be surprise if the maid show up in their embassy and claim the employer ill-treat her.

That would be just nasty.

Even if they did claim this, they are still criminally negligent leaving a baby on it's own.