Singapore Expats Forum

Anybody interested in learning Salsa

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
navin.bafna

Anybody interested in learning Salsa

Postby navin.bafna » Tue, 09 Mar 2010 3:21 pm

Hi,

I am keen to learn Salsa.. Have gathered lot of information also but i need a partner and someone to practice also after classes or in the weekends.

I am a novice and the cost of Learning is 65 SGD only per month in one of the schools but they have some some registration fees.

I am a professional, and would prefer to take classes either on weekends of after office hours.

If someone is interested. let me know

Navin
Navin

BBC

Postby BBC » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 1:06 pm

hi,

could you tell me the detail about the school and location? my friend is interested, thanks!

navin.bafna

Postby navin.bafna » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 1:11 pm

The school is at Jalan Bukit Merah.. near to Tiong bahru MRT.. 3 Bus stops.
Salsa classes are from 7.30 to 9.30 on weekdays and there is a class on weekends also but i am not sure of the timings.

Costs involved is :
Registration fees : 135$
monthly fees : 65$ (Twice a week)

So its like 4*4 = 16hrs for 65$.

You can check there site
www.actfa.com
Navin

WatyJoe

Postby WatyJoe » Fri, 12 Mar 2010 9:52 am

navin.bafna wrote:The school is at Jalan Bukit Merah.. near to Tiong bahru MRT.. 3 Bus stops.
Salsa classes are from 7.30 to 9.30 on weekdays and there is a class on weekends also but i am not sure of the timings.

Costs involved is :
Registration fees : 135$
monthly fees : 65$ (Twice a week)

So its like 4*4 = 16hrs for 65$.

You can check there site
www.actfa.com

Hi Navin,
Im 30,malay,local, interested in salsa dancing but bukit merah is a bit out for me. will you consider somewhere in like central town area, during the weekends ?

navin.bafna

Postby navin.bafna » Fri, 12 Mar 2010 1:18 pm

Hii,

I don't have a problem in joining classes in city area also. My only problem is that I travel a lot for work. Near my Office area 'CBD' there is one salsa school but i still need to check the complete information.

Are you novice and are you interested in Long term Dancing as I intent to practice and learn and may be go for some competition sort of "If I am ready" hehe...

Give me a call on my HP.

May be we can plan out something.

Cheers !!
Navin

mymarikit
Regular
Regular

Postby mymarikit » Mon, 15 Mar 2010 11:30 am

hi, i think there is one place in tanjong pagar for salsa class. let me know as i am interested as well.

gator2001

Postby gator2001 » Tue, 16 Mar 2010 11:20 pm

to be honest i would advise against going to the one close to tanjong pagar... dont really like the classes and heard the one at millennium is a lot better

JaanJ
Regular
Regular

Postby JaanJ » Wed, 17 Mar 2010 8:40 am

Also, check out these dance schools :

Two Left Feet - near to Chinatown, located in the row of shophouses just behind the Duxton Plain Park.

Shawn & Gladys Dance School is located at Bras Basah Complex, nearest MRT is City Hall.

Have fun :)

navin.bafna

Postby navin.bafna » Tue, 13 Apr 2010 12:17 am

Hello all,

Thanks for your replies and mails.

Everyone who has sms-ed me. I will reply you by SMS also.

After seeing the classes and the teaching process. I feel the classes at Jalan Bukit Merah (Tiong Bahru) are far ahead of anyone else and also its the cheapest one to learn.

I have enrolled myself there and took some classes.

I am still looking for a partner with a bit long-term as we can practice together and try to hit the dance floor asap. If anybody interested with that focus, please send me a PM or call me up.

Also, if someone really want to see, what SALSA is all about, just get a look at the AMARA Hotel 5th FLoor CLub.. its awesome.

I am already learning Salsa for one month now

Cheers !!