Singapore Expats Forum

Singapore PR Application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
uc
Regular
Regular

Postby uc » Wed, 14 Apr 2010 2:33 pm

ksl wrote:If I am not wrong, all changes in circumstances, must be updated and the MBA will now be her highest qualification, though lacking the experience.

You can phone and ask someone there, before you do the online application.

Problem is that ICA issue the LTVSP and not MOM, though you could go down to MOM and ask their advice, how you can get your wife employed. I would think they will say find a company that is prepared to submit an EP application and hope for the best.

Have you discussed setting up your own company? As a PR you are not subjected to the 50k in capital that foreigners living outside of Singapore have to pay. You could submit an application to employ your wife, though these questions you can discuss with MOM, they are very helpful, and will advise you of what you can and cannot do.

I just hope she gets the PR and i blieve her lstvp will be renewed.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 16 Apr 2010 2:38 pm

Is there a relation between the EP Pass Type and Duration of Stay in Singapore for a PR application. Even though it is not mentioned as a requirement , there have been many applications rejected due to not meeting the Residential Requirements.

is there something like for Q1 Pass holder - > Y no of years of stay in Singapore would be a better chance?

P1- Z No of years of stay in Singapore?
P2 - A No of years of stay in Singapore?

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Apr 2010 3:22 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:Is there a relation between the EP Pass Type and Duration of Stay in Singapore for a PR application. Even though it is not mentioned as a requirement , there have been many applications rejected due to not meeting the Residential Requirements.

is there something like for Q1 Pass holder - > Y no of years of stay in Singapore would be a better chance?

There is no bearing. If there was, the Landed PR programme wouldn't work would it. There they don't even have to be in Singapore to apply for PR. Just have a degree from a vetted university. And you don't have to take up a job in your field or even with a salary high enough for an S pass let alone a Q or EP. This I know for a fact, as I've hired several over the years, some for as low as 1100/mo.

Right now, according to an article in one of the local papers recently, they are holding almost all PR applications for a minimum of 2 years in order to get the local population to simmer down for what they see as favourtism by employers for foreigners over locals. Problem is, it's a two-fold problem. One, backlash against foreign workers taking local jobs and two, Citizen's not getting substantially more subsidies than PRs do. They do get a hell of a lot more, but this country's citizens a not just the world's most myopic people, sight wise!

NB: Obviously, if you were a P1 pass holder making 25K/mo and were the CEO of a Major MNC here, employing 5K locals and you just happened to decide you wanted PR. I'm sure they would find a way. :wink: Especially if you were thinking of possibly moving your factories to a neighbouring country if you didn't get it! :wink:

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 16 Apr 2010 3:41 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:Is there a relation between the EP Pass Type and Duration of Stay in Singapore for a PR application. Even though it is not mentioned as a requirement , there have been many applications rejected due to not meeting the Residential Requirements.

There is no bearing. If there was, the Landed PR programme wouldn't work would it. There they don't even have to be in Singapore to apply for PR. Just have a degree from a vetted university. And you don't have to take up a job in your field or even with a salary high enough for an S pass let alone a Q or EP. This I know for a fact, as I've hired several over the years, some for as low as 1100/mo.

Right now, according to an article in one of the local papers recently, they are holding almost all PR applications for a minimum of 2 years in order to get the local population to simmer down for what they see as favourtism by employers for foreigners over locals. Problem is, it's a two-fold problem. One, backlash against foreign workers taking local jobs and two, Citizen's not getting substantially more subsidies than PRs do. They do get a hell of a lot more, but this country's citizens a not just the world's most myopic people, sight wise!

NB: Obviously, if you were a P1 pass holder making 25K/mo and were the CEO of a Major MNC here, employing 5K locals and you just happened to decide you wanted PR. I'm sure they would find a way. :wink: Especially if you were thinking of possibly moving your factories to a neighbouring country if you didn't get it! :wink:

SMS,
If I am not Wrong Landed PR falls under a different category. With respect to PR under the PTS Scheme, I read that one of the main factors is Employment Pass Type. That is the reason I raised this question.

>>Obviously, if you were a P1 pass holder making 25K/mo
I feel that only a maximum of 1000 people would fall under this category for this year? So only 1000+ PR approvals this year?

Can you also throw some light on the news paper that you had read so that we would also get some additional information from the same..

Thanks for your reply !

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Apr 2010 3:53 pm

No I can't. We are not allowed to mention that paper by name for legal reasons thanks to a poster on here a couple of years ago who's posting got by us somehow. Had you taken time to read the various stickies here you would understand this.

There was not any "additional" information available as it was a comment by an MP, who's name escapes me at the moment, in a dialog session somewhere. Sorry. :(

Oh, one other thing. To the local, they don't care what kind of PR it is, as once you have PR every thing else is the same with the exception of 1st gen PR under the PTS don't have to do NS. The rest? No diff.

sianpayne

Postby sianpayne » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 6:59 pm

Hi there

I am female, 27 year old British citizen with a Singaporean partner. I lived in Singapore for 2 years between 2006 and 2008, teaching on a Q1 EP.
I then returned to the UK for 10 months, and in that time, applied for PR. I was rejected :-(

Now I have been back for 5 months, teaching again, on P2 pass (or is it P1? Whichever is the lower...) - I really want to get PR, can anyone pls advise me when the best time to apply would be? Would the ICA take into account the 2 years I was here previously on the Q1 pass?
Every time I am rejected, does it adversely affect my chances in the future?

I have a degree and am currently studying further thru UOL. Getting PR is very important to me, as I honestly feel this is where I want to be. I also don't want to get pigeonholed into teaching when I would prefer to work in the field in which I am qualified.

Anyone's advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

wwzmach

Postby wwzmach » Fri, 23 Apr 2010 9:46 am

i was thinking to come to singapore on an employement or entre pass

the lawyer told me its only 6 months until you can apply for PR, but this doesn't seem right to me.

its clearly 2 years isn't it ?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:07 am

No, your lawyer is correct (if you actually have one! :roll: ). You can apply for PR after 6 months. However, it's doubtful that it will be approved. Currently they are rejecting most of them and asking them to reapply in 2 years. (or at least till after the elections - course they aren't actually saying that) So, while you can apply, it's basically a waste of time at the moment. All it will succeed in doing is making you like all the other "talents" here who keep coming back here as asking "what can we dooooooo. We were rejected. WHHHYYYY! Even though we've said it here dozens of time if we've said it once. If you can handle the potential rejection and understand why it's being done currently (that's also been written up here dozens of times) go ahead a apply. Otherwise, wait a couple of years. (Of course, if you apply now and are rejected outright (your rejection letter not asking you to reapply in two years) then you may want to rethink your options. It could mean you need more experience, more staying power (something that shows that you are really integrating here) or more/ongoing educational qualifications/certifications. Or the gahmen just don't think you are what they want here.
:shit:

Are you married to a local? How long? If you are a newlywed and married to a local, they may well tell you to wait two years as well as this may be construed as a marriage of convenience.

However, in the three posts you have made you have posted from a Mexican & a UK IP address. I believe the other one that was deleted was from a PRC IP addy. So, frankly, I'm pretty sure what you are, and this is a wasted post. But I'm feeling magnanimous this morning. We'll see what you next post looks like and where it's from.........

:devil:

sianpayne

Postby sianpayne » Sun, 25 Apr 2010 11:31 pm

Sundaymorningstaple

You know your stuff. My friend recommends I ask you:

I am on a P2 pass - have lived in Singapore for 2 years (previously on a Q1 pass), made an application for PR about a year ago at the end of a 2 year stay here. I was rejected :-(

I have been back for 5 months and now that I am on a P2 pass, I want to know if it's acceptable to try again at the end of this year (ie with another year under my belt).
I would also like to know if multiple applications/rejections for PR will count against me?

Your advice will be VERY gratefully received.
Thanks
:lol:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:14 am

If you want my frank opinion, you will be wasting your time at the moment. You have only been here 5 months. You left the country already, which shows them you do not have staying power. So the odds of them giving you PR with only 5 months this time is negligible. However, having said that, stranger things have happened. You probablyl made an application before in order to try to keep from having to leave at the end of your contract. Had you made an application at the renewal of that contract you may well not have been rejected. The government isn't stupid and probably checked on the expiry of your contract before sending you the rejection letter. You did exactly what they figured. You left the country (what they like to call a quitter) instead of slogging it out here.

Will they count against you? Well, you only made one application and got one rejection. You didn't indicate you made and lost an appeal so, nah, I doubt that that would be the cause of your rejection, more like what I said in the first paragraph.

sms

carteki
Editor
Editor

Postby carteki » Mon, 26 Apr 2010 9:39 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:NB: Obviously, if you were a P1 pass holder making 25K/mo and were the CEO of a Major MNC here, employing 5K locals and you just happened to decide you wanted PR. I'm sure they would find a way. :wink: Especially if you were thinking of possibly moving your factories to a neighbouring country if you didn't get it! :wink:

Or you will get a letter from ICA inviting you to apply for PR after being here for 6 months only to have to decline because your employer is moving you again... (did happen)