Singapore Expats Forum

Which baby monitor to choose?

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Which baby monitor to choose?

Postby newmomsin » Mon, 08 Mar 2010 12:58 pm

Hi, I need some advice on how to choose the right baby monitor.

Most of the products on the market cover 150m - 200m, except Avent has a couple of models cover 330m - however, quite expensive. We live in a duplex condo, about 3700 square feet (roughly 370 square meters). From your experience, do you think 200m range would work well?

Thank you!

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 08 Mar 2010 4:12 pm

Get one that doesn't eat too much.

Postby QRM » Mon, 08 Mar 2010 4:25 pm

Take the range with a huge pinch of salt you could achieve 300m on a moonless night on a calm sea, but in a concrete and steel filled condos 10m if you are lucky, you have to factor in interference, we used to hear our neighbors, we bought 3 different makes all of them useless, better off doing the cheaper option follow the locals get a maid to sleep outside the kids door. Or get a microphone and hardwire it to the room.

Postby beppi » Mon, 08 Mar 2010 5:10 pm

Our baby uses the same monitor on her computer as us adults. No need to buy a special one!

Postby mondaymorningquarterback » Tue, 09 Mar 2010 4:02 pm

beppi wrote:Our baby uses the same monitor on her computer as us adults. No need to buy a special one!

LOL. Get the cheapest one. We bought 1 and found out we didnt really need it because the baby's room is right next to ours.

Re: Which baby monitor to choose?

Postby davidbrucs » Thu, 01 Feb 2018 10:23 pm

I and my DW are looking for Good baby Monitors for our New House.Bluetooth baby monitors sound like a good idea, but some of my friends told me it May not have longer range on other room.Anyone has suggestions?
And what brand of Baby monitors has the longest range?