Singapore Expats Forum

Great News!!!! Singapore Close door to foreigner!!!!

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
nakatago

Postby nakatago » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 11:52 pm

Asian_Geekette wrote:@sms: Where will you be when that happens (sinking Atlantis)? Fishing near your farm? :P

And all of a sudden the shape of the MBS' sky park makes sense!!!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 12:16 am

If I'm still here, I'll probably be on the PAP Ark. That's the structure atop of MBS. (It's been called that even before it was opened). Or, as you say, sittin' on the dock fishin'.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 2:23 am

ev-disinfection wrote:Yep, i remember the maids.... i mean the grassland, but i remembered that it was not flat and street level, and that there was a knoll (small hill), and even the heaviest rain, would not cause any flooding...

Hehe... I remember it as a pretty sizeable area of grassland. The frontage to Orchard was the usual 45 degree 2 metre high banking fronted by drainage gullies that you see on government land (that you know is penciled-in to get concreted over).

What I do recall is the crowds of maids there on Sunday, it really was something to come upon for the first time, stop and stare in some wonder, as until it was explained to you seeing say 2000 picnicking women packed shoulder to shoulder in a park was... 'er, what the hell is this?'!

Point is though, the grassland would have allowed rain to soak-away. That of course would not be a problem with sticking the obscenity of Ion Mall on the land if the drains were made with large enough capacity - which they self-evidently were not.

p.s. There used to be a very nice open air hawker centre just to the NW up Orchard from Somerset MRT. That's where I took my parents for their first shot of chicken rice :) Feels like a long time ago now...

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 2:11 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:The only problem is, half the population wouldn't vote for me! (the gals) :lol:
You tyrant
age to 70 (minimum) and make it impossible to withdraw a large chunk of CPF at 55,
That keeps you here too, you really love this place i can see!

ev-disinfection
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ev-disinfection » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 2:31 pm

’Relax,’ said the gah man, We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave! :cool: :twisted: