Singapore Expats Forum

Singapore PR

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

jakeM

Singapore PR

Postby jakeM » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 2:32 pm

I applied for PR last September and I got a reply saying that, my application was not successful. They have suggested me to apply again after two years. But ICA website mention that, I can apply fo PR again after 6 months of the applied date. So should I wait for another two years? Appreciate your opinions for this matter.

Pepijn
Regular
Regular

Postby Pepijn » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 2:38 pm

What I gathered from replies here, and the overall feel how these functions work, only if there is a significant change in your personal situation (aka, you suddenly land the big ship with money somewhere) it is unlikely ICA will issue the PR status before the suggested 2 years, as that deadline will most likely reside somewhere in their system.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 3:06 pm

Nah, go ahead and apply after only 6 months. They did tell you to wait 2 years right? That way, they will be well aware that you are one who cannot follow directions. :roll:

Sure way to make them think twice about letting you in permanently. Especially now! :lol:

mayaray
Regular
Regular

Postby mayaray » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 3:28 pm

how long have you been in SG?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 9:28 pm

The letter is a standard format letter....what they are saying is wait until you have been in Singapore 2 years, then submit your application....I have also seen it on the ICA website that 2 years is the minimum time, you will also have to wait 2 months to get an appoinment too.