Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for Accomodation and new friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
lyss

Looking for Accomodation and new friends

Postby lyss » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:27 pm

Hi there,

My partner and I have decided to move to Singapore this friday to see what opportunities arise. We are currently in HK and have found it hard not speaking any Chinese which has concluded to not finding a job easily.

I am from NZ and my partner is from Australia. My occupation is modeling and my partner Damien is in Commercial/Finance Management.

We will be looking for accommodation preferably central, but at this stage with no more than a monthly commitment.

We are also interested in meeting new people and are looking forward to this exciting adventure :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:39 pm

Unless somebody has an employment pass you are going to have to live in a hotel or Serviced Apartment as you are not allowed to rent property on a social visit pass.

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 12:20 am

some people actually rent out rooms for "transient" travelers. you get what you pay for so rent at your risk.

joy_atlantic

Postby joy_atlantic » Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:20 am

Hi have you got any answer yet ?

gator2001

Postby gator2001 » Tue, 16 Mar 2010 11:36 pm

i have recently moved out of a place which offers accomodation on a short term basis to travelers. Pretty decent location at river valley. let me know if you guys are interested.