Singapore Expats Forum

PR application.. waiting 9 months!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 27 Jul 2010 1:50 pm

Hi,
Any of our forum members got their PR approved recently? Can Share info if you find time?

Thanks

curiousgeorge
Reporter
Reporter

Postby curiousgeorge » Tue, 27 Jul 2010 11:11 pm

As it happens I got my PR approval letter today. My application interview was April 19th, so a little over three months.

I arrived here on a sponsored P1 in Nov 2008 (working for a UK company in Singapore as a consultant, sponsored by the SG company buying the consultancy) and converted to PEP when I moved full time to a Singapore company in April 2009.

So basically I applied after being here for 17 months on the off-chance...guess I got lucky!

kiwi73

Postby kiwi73 » Tue, 27 Jul 2010 11:20 pm

As posted in another thread I also received notification today that my PR was successful. Mine took 7 months. I arrived here in August 2006 and have been on EP since working as consultant with large MNC. Not sure why some people are still getting there approval in 3 mths yet others are much longer. I thought all applications have slowed down dramatically this year.
Anyway, off to get medical done this week and arranging e-appointment to submit final forms to get my PR pass.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 28 Jul 2010 4:12 am

Congratulation on both of you curiousgeorge and kiwi73.

In a nutshell , curiousgoerge is on P1 which is a different group of pass which will get their approval without must fuss. Others well, like kiwi73 got it in 7 months which is still better as some has to wait much longer.
No one really know why it took so long apart from P1 or PEP
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 28 Jul 2010 9:17 am

HI,
Congratulations to both of you. !!!!

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 12 Aug 2010 10:30 am

Hi,
Any of our forum members got their PR approved recently? Can Share info if you find time?

I came across one of them in our forum today who got it approved after 9 months.

Thanks

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Postby CIA_crypto » Fri, 13 Aug 2010 11:33 am

Mad Scientist wrote:
CIA_crypto wrote:Hi, anyone still waiting for PR status outcome after 11 months? I applied my LPR since July 2009 and still waiting for outcome. Very strange thing, recently I received one letter from ICA saying that my application is still in under consideration and will let you know when the result in due course. That is the second letter I received from ICA.

There is nothing strange to this. To put it in perspective, your qualifications need to be revetted, or your application has gone thru the first "washing" and some stubborn stains are still there. It will go thru soaking and the works.
The good thing is from here you should get your answer pretty quick. 80% should be green light.

Hi MS, SMS, SingaporeFlyer,

I am still waiting for LPR (me, my wife and daughter) outcome from ICA after 13 months and a week. For your information, previously my wife's holding DP based on my EP. Now, she found a job in MNC company end of July 2010 and her employer applied for her EP online based on her own merit and MOM granted EP Q1 pass less than 24hrs. Now both of us are holding EP in Singapore. Currently my daughter 19 months old is living with her grandparents in China.

Please kindly advice me for how to speed up LPR process from ICA? What are the likely chance of getting PR based on my current situation?

Thank you in advance.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 13 Aug 2010 12:35 pm

I am afraid there is no way to "speed things up" at ICA. Due to the elections, all has been put on "go slow" in order to appease the local public venting over too many foreigners, etc. However, you might want to let ICA know that your wife now has qualified for her own EP as well. While this might not speed anything up at the moment, it's still a requirement that anytime your circumstances change here, that ICA be notified. Who knows, they might even break it loose from the detained throngs of mostly Indos and Honkies trying to become economic migrants here. The name of the game here is patience until after the elections (probably not later than Feb 2011 would be my guess).

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sat, 14 Aug 2010 2:26 am

CIA_crypto

Are you in SG or otherwise ? Working under P2, P1 or what ?
How long have you been here prior PR application?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Postby CIA_crypto » Sat, 14 Aug 2010 3:49 pm

Thank you for SMS and MS for your inputs and concern. I came back to sg on end of may 2009 with EPEC then after I applied LPR. Mid Dec I found a job and MOM granded EP Q1. My wife came to SG on after CNY with DP. now she found a job and MOM granded EP Q1 as well. Now I have been in sg for 14 months plus.

Thanks

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sat, 14 Aug 2010 4:58 pm

CIA

In ordinary times when the election is NOT on the agenda, you should be able to get your answer pretty quickly whether you are approved or not. Now given the current times, I would be surprised if you get it any faster than six month. I think two years from your application will be a safe bet.
You have to be prepared for rejection, they are back log quite abit on this PR and renewal pass.

This is the thing I can advise you. Be patient

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Postby CIA_crypto » Sat, 14 Aug 2010 7:01 pm

Hi MS,
Thanks for your advice. Now i have been waiting for my LPR outcome for more than 13 months. I think now I can do it just patiently wait until I got news from ica.
I will update you guy for any outcome I got from ICA in near future.
Cheer!

kookaburrah
Regular
Regular

Postby kookaburrah » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:31 am

singaporeflyer wrote:Hi,

I came across one of them in our forum today who got it approved after 9 months.

Thanks

Hi SF,
I just got mine recently.
Got here from the UK on a P1 pass in Oct 08, and applied in Apr 10. Got the approval in July - almost 3 months later.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:38 am

kookaburrah wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:Hi,

Thanks

Hi SF,
I just got mine recently.
Got here from the UK on a P1 pass in Oct 08, and applied in Apr 10. Got the approval in July - almost 3 months later.

Hi kookaburrah,
Congrats !!!!

reaper

pr waiting more than 9 month

Postby reaper » Thu, 26 Aug 2010 9:45 pm

hi guys , my PR application just approved after 9 month processing . thank for ur advice and support
GOD Bless