Singapore Expats

PR application.. waiting 9 months!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: pr waiting more than 9 month

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 26 Aug 2010 11:14 pm

reaper wrote:hi guys , my PR application just approved after 9 month processing . thank for ur advice and support
GOD Bless
How long were you in Singapore at the time of application? What Pass type? Applied as family?

Thanks

reaper

Post by reaper » Mon, 30 Aug 2010 6:10 pm

Hi singapore Flyer

I have been in sing for 1 year and 3 month . PR dependent under singaporean husband. First time came got LSTV , 6 month later changed to S Pass as I got a job and then Apply PR . Finally approved after 9 month processing .

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: pr waiting more than 9 month

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 31 Aug 2010 4:47 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
reaper wrote:hi guys , my PR application just approved after 9 month processing . thank for ur advice and support
GOD Bless
How long were you in Singapore at the time of application? What Pass type? Applied as family?

Thanks
SF

I hate to break this to you. Most that got their PR is by marrying local or got it before 2009 Sep.Even LPR will depend on which country are you from apart from other requirement.
It is all in the equation and how you tick the box will determine what answer you will get.
Your case is the current situation that most of the rejection that have occurred
Take for example, A MALAY BOY ELDEST CHILD in the family will NOT join the Army but either Police or Civil Defense if he has ties or relatives or parents born in Malaysia when NS age comes. BUT if he has no Ties he will join the army even he is a Muslim.
A BOY when joining the Army and was into SPECIAL UNIT like NDU OR SOF or even the Navy but convert to Muslim or became Seventh Day Adventist or not in the four mainstream religion from his first declare religion or even GAY will automatically release from this unit although IT DOES NOT AFFECT his performance nor his loyalty in carrying out his duties.
My brother married to a foreigner but was an EX COP because he left the SG Police to join the foreign special security overseas when he return, his wife was made to wait for 3 years for bloody LTSVP not even PR. He is a Sger and yet still made to wait. See what I mean
This is what SMS said b4 "The Gahmen has very long memory"
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Post by CIA_crypto » Thu, 02 Sep 2010 8:03 am

Hi All,

Anyone still waiting for LPR outcome after 14 months? In my case, I am still waiting....I might break the record book for the longest waiting time to get outcome from ICA :)
Any advice????

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 02 Sep 2010 9:28 am

CIA_crypto wrote:Hi All,

Anyone still waiting for LPR outcome after 14 months? In my case, I am still waiting....I might break the record book for the longest waiting time to get outcome from ICA :)
Any advice????
Hi Crypto,
One of my friends got it approved after 18 months of waiting. But it was under the PTS Scheme

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Thu, 02 Sep 2010 10:14 am

My Manager got his PR last month in 1.5 months flat.
But then look at his profile:
Race: Indian
Education: Bachelor's in the US
Pass type:PEP
Stay in SG: 2 years
Investment: Bought a condo here

He got married just 6 months ago and his wife came to SG only 2 months ago. He applied for himself and wife and at the time of applying his wife was not even in SG on any kind of pass.

Both he and his wife got the PR and the marriage of convience thing also didnt affect them.

Just goes to show that if you have it in you what it takes the gahmen here will welcome you with open arms.

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Post by CIA_crypto » Thu, 02 Sep 2010 11:49 am

Thanks singaporeflyer and revhappy,
Based on you guys story I am still hope in waiting for LPR outcome.
Now me and my wife are holding EP and working in sg. Both of us are master degree graduated in Uk. And also have 19 months old girl.
Any advice???

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 02 Sep 2010 12:04 pm

CIA_crypto wrote:Thanks singaporeflyer and revhappy,
Now me and my wife are holding EP and working in sg. Both of us are master degree graduated in Uk. And also have 19 months old girl.
Any advice???
Just have to wait since the application is in progress 8-) Hope you have updated ICA that you are holding a EP and working in Singapore ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 02 Sep 2010 12:45 pm

CIA_crypto wrote:Thanks singaporeflyer and revhappy,
Any advice???
Where is your basic Batchelor's degree from. Might make a difference.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Post by CIA_crypto » Thu, 02 Sep 2010 2:39 pm

Thank you for your advice. I got my EP on Dec 2009 and my wife got her EP on August 2010. I will send a copy of EP to ICA next week.
At first, I though ICA will know it by default. Oh... By the way, SMS I got my BSc from RMIT Australia through Informatics computer school in Singapore. I lived in SG from March 1999 to April 2004 with student pass. I did my diploma, adv diploma and BSc in Sg.
From April 2004 I went to uk to do Master degree and worked couple of year and got married and have baby in uk. Then I came back to here end of May 2009 with Epec. My wife also got Epec but she did not use it.

Any advice based on my full story????
Thanks

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 02 Sep 2010 2:44 pm

CIA_crypto wrote:Thank you for your advice. I got my EP on Dec 2009 and my wife got her EP on August 2010. I will send a copy of EP to ICA next week.
At first, I though ICA will know it by default. Oh... By the way, SMS I got my BSc from RMIT Australia through Informatics computer school in Singapore. I lived in SG from March 1999 to April 2004 with student pass. I did my diploma, adv diploma and BSc in Sg.
From April 2004 I went to uk to do Master degree and worked couple of year and got married and have baby in uk. Then I came back to here end of May 2009 with Epec. My wife also got Epec but she did not use it.

Thanks
If I am not wrong any significant change in Status during the processing of your PR application you have to keep ICA Updated? When you started working here you did not update ICA with your EP details?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 02 Sep 2010 3:08 pm

CIA_crypto wrote:Thank you for your advice. I got my EP on Dec 2009 and my wife got her EP on August 2010. I will send a copy of EP to ICA next week.

Thanks
CIA

Were you offered PR after your BSc in Singapore ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Post by CIA_crypto » Thu, 02 Sep 2010 3:32 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:

Thanks
If I am not wrong any significant change in Status during the processing of your PR application you have to keep ICA Updated? When you started working here you did not update ICA with your EP details?
I did not make any update to ICA since July 2009. After I got my EP on Dec i checked with SMC to update or not to update to ICA. Then SMC said, no need to update, ICA will know it by itself.

Anyway, I will update to ICA next week by myself.
Thanks.

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Post by CIA_crypto » Thu, 02 Sep 2010 3:36 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:

Thanks
CIA

Were you offered PR after your BSc in Singapore ?
Hi MS,
I did not get PR offer letter after I graduated from Informatics school in 2003. I think, I was attended on private school that why I did not get PR offer letter. What do you think?

Any advice???
Thanks.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 02 Sep 2010 5:17 pm

Thanks
Isn't that when Informatics had the problem with the Singapore Police's CAD? I used to work at International Plaza and they had an Informatics above the MRT station. Don't know how much residual muck is still lying around Singapore's mainframes about the problems back then and those who were somehow involved or implicated. I'm sure you remember it.

Correct. You would not have received a letter to apply for PR as only those in Government schools received them.

You should have notified ICA/SMC as soon as you received your EP. However, I don't that that is the reason either. You just might be caught in the cogs of the big Gahmen machinery at ICA. The way I see it, they are currently finding any and every reason to NOT grant PR or EP's at the moment. I'm sure you have been reading the papers and maybe most importantly the statistics that came out over the past couple of days of the percentages of new PR's this year compared to last year. It went down from 11.5% to 1.5% so as long as you haven't received a rejection letter, just keep your fingers crossed.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers