Singapore Expats

PR application.. waiting 9 months!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
lovemetender

PR application.. waiting 9 months!

Post by lovemetender » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 10:43 pm

Dear all. Has anyone been waiting for more than 9 months during your PR application? I applied in June 2009 with invitation letter from the ICA. I graduated from local institution with B.A(Hons) in Music majoring in Piano Performance and currently teaching in a music school. I have been staying in Singapore for almost 5 years.

Some of my friends got the letter for additional family details but during this 9 months I never heard anything from them at all. They said it's still processing. I am really worried although I know there's nothing much I can do except waiting.

Just want to know, has anyone experience this before? PR application more than 9 months?

Thanks. Appreciate your help.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: PR application.. waiting 9 months!

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 7:02 am

lovemetender wrote:
Dear all. Has anyone been waiting for more than 9 months during your PR application? I applied in June 2009 with invitation letter from the ICA. I graduated from local institution with B.A(Hons) in Music majoring in Piano Performance and currently teaching in a music school. I have been staying in Singapore for almost 5 years.

Some of my friends got the letter for additional family details but during this 9 months I never heard anything from them at all. They said it's still processing. I am really worried although I know there's nothing much I can do except waiting.

Just want to know, has anyone experience this before? PR application more than 9 months?

Thanks. Appreciate your help.
WHy don't you call or see ICA on your application.
Some countries take about One to Five YEar to approve PR depending on its merit.

BBC

Post by BBC » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 3:10 pm

my friend is waiting for 1 year.

lovemetender

Post by lovemetender » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 10:33 pm

Hi Mad Scientist and BBC. Thanks for your reply. I am currently on temporary employment pass (to be renewed every 3 months). I have made a few trips to ICA to ask for the status but they said still processing.

BBC, would you mind to share a little bit of your friend's experience? Has your friend received the result? After waiting for 1 year, did he/she get PR approval?

Thanks! :)

BBC

Post by BBC » Thu, 04 Mar 2010 11:24 am

before the Chinese New Year, he have not got it. i think you are different from him. he got PHD here and now working . as usual, the applicants like him will get it around 3months after apply. but he is only one that i know( waiting for a long time), i do not know the reason. but i do not think the EP need renew every 3 months, never heard.

bewildereddy

Post by bewildereddy » Mon, 10 May 2010 5:54 pm

hi there,

for those of u holding a temp EP, are u able to travel out of the country? i was told that it's a single journey visa.. wanted to clarify if this is true.

TIA :)

nicki08

Be patient

Post by nicki08 » Thu, 13 May 2010 8:39 pm

I made an e-appointment in March 2009, actually submitted my papers in June 2009 and was not accepted until Jan 2010.

There has been a bit of 'noise' from locals recently who are concerned about the number of foreigners here, so I guess the government is just trying to keep them happy and slow down the intake.

Many people I know got rejected the first time they applied too. No reason given, but they eventually got it.

naghma

PR application Processing time - 1 Year

Post by naghma » Fri, 14 May 2010 10:55 pm

Hi ,
I have also applied n june 09 for PR,,but still waiting.....no response...its now almost 1 year,,,is anyone got approval lettr those applied n june 09

Naggy

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR application Processing time - 1 Year

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 15 May 2010 12:00 am

naghma wrote: Naggy
You sure are! But more whiney sounding than naggy. As long as you haven't gotten a thin envelope, don't sweat it. But be prepared for rejection anyway as the odds at the moment are heavily against all applications.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ranji76

Post by ranji76 » Thu, 27 May 2010 11:30 am

This sure puts a damper on my plans to apply to PR.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 May 2010 11:45 am

Actually, it's working exactly as it should. It's making all of them that was planning on taking up PR as a convenience to have second thoughts. That's a good thing. Too many PR abusers out there. Making it rough on all the rest.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

newsjunkie

longer processing time

Post by newsjunkie » Thu, 03 Jun 2010 5:55 pm

are you still waiting for a reply from ICA? it seems that now it's taking longer then the average of 3 months previously...when you called ICA up, did they explain or at least give a reason as to why they're taking 9 months?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 03 Jun 2010 6:10 pm

It now takes between 3 to 15 months at last information.

SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by SGBoyxxx » Thu, 03 Jun 2010 11:40 pm

Due to pressure from the people against foregin talents.Next election is coming mostly likely next year.

:) Thus now applying for PR is kinda hard.Relax you will be approve if your fit the authority requirments.

technobatta

Post by technobatta » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 2:10 pm

Handed over the application today. The counter staff gave me the official 'application received' letter and said it normally takes 4-6 months. But I guess it can extend to much longer.

Don't know why but I have a good feeling about it. May be its just the rain.