Singapore Expats

still is "singaporeans speak singlish"

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by EADG » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 9:32 pm

Seeing how you are editing out some of the questionable and vitriolic content of your posts, am quoting this one to preserve perhaps the most cruel of your tirade. You turned this from a discussion of observations of language where you stood to learn to one of defensive denial.

In struggling to redeem yourself you did so in desperation by dragging a perfectly innocent person down by unsuccessfully attempting to place yourself above him.

The effect was indeed the opposite.

This is beyond language capability, SGBoyxxx speaks with more clarity, civility and humanity than anything you re-edit in your posts.

It also shows that although you appear objective and composed at the start of your thread and your YT vid, very close below the surface are some unresolved and likely unresolvable issues, which are very telling about your real character.

And that despite your "O" or what ever level you attained or say you attained, you seem to have gained little wisdom. Wisdom is not something that can be taught or learned by rote and is at least one thing SGBoyxxx is at an "A" level to your "U" level.

Horse sufficiently flogged. I'm only posting this now because I couldn't be arsed to this morning before going to work.
crocss22 wrote:
EADG wrote:Agree QRM.

SGBoyxxx is a great example of someone with constructive opinions, excellent perspective, and an open mind towards these things.

So there is hope.
lol speaking of this lad "sgboxxxxxxx". i bet my last dollar that he did not finish his o levels and speaks mandarin or mandarin dialect at home. probably a dialect of mandarin. he probably works in a low level position as well.

i can smell em even over the internet.

now that is LOCAL for you.
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

jessie11

Post by jessie11 » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 12:34 am

i think the OP probably laughed real hard at himself for bothering with a bunch of retards, idiots and lowlives.

he then proceeded to delete all his posts while laughing at his own stupidity for entertaining them. what can be dumber than talking to idiots?

then he laughed his ass off when an old and expired feral human being started to restore his posts frantically.

god knows how much trouble this expired sub human being went through just to search google cache and retype all the posts. after restoring all the posts, he smiles, contented at his own good work.

as easy as asking a dog to fetch the morning newspaper.

i guess idiots will always be idiots. and they actually think they are smart even after being given the run around.

charlie sit! woof woof!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 12:43 am

Hi crocss22. I see you are back with a new nick but only half the person you were before. Now you are only jessie11. Does that mean you are only a half-wit now? :wink: You should really learn to write differently as your 'prose" is oh so recognizable. (I use the term loosely).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jessie11

Post by jessie11 » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 12:46 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Hi crocss22. I see you are back with a new nick but only half the person you were before. Now you are only jessie11. You should really learn to write differently as your 'prose" is oh so recognizable. (I use the term loosely).
once again, the dog has picked up another morning newspaper.

jessie11

Post by jessie11 » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 2:54 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Well, it would seem to me that Croc(k)22 is just that. A crock! He's lost his argument so now he's reverting to a spiteful 22 year old who is still in uni and is now flouncing about flailing at all and sundry. Listen to him go on about how he doesn't care, yadda, yadda, yadda. But still keeps coming back here showing us how juvenile he really is. He started off pretty good his first 3 posts, but since then, he couldn't defend his position and now all he can do is belittle all others instead learning accept defeat gracefully. Every one of his last umpteen posts have been lashing out at other "recognized" versions of English with certain slang words or accents. But it would seem, for all of his "travels on a steel bird" he STILL has not learned the difference between slang words, mispronounced words and grammar & syntax.

:roll: :-({|=
funny how you are so adamant that i am 22yo and still in uni. i wished i was 22 actually, 18 would be better.

i guess if you have the digits 22 behind your moniker, you are 22. how intelligent.

as for being juvenile and belittling others, i really cannot hold a candle to you old man.

you da man. how juvenile do you have to be to pick out every single minor mistake in someone's speech and text? :D

how juvenile do you have to be to dig through google's cache and restore the all my posts long even after i deleted them? god knows what is going on in that juvenile mind of yours.

enjoy throwing stones. (no doubt you and other lowlives will)

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by EADG » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 9:07 am

3am and still spewing.

That's some new level of crazy. Talk about self-imploding....

Like Splatted said, have some dignity.

Or not, and keep everyone entertained.
jessie11 wrote:
funny how you are so adamant that i am 22yo and still in uni. i wished i was 22 actually, 18 would be better.

i guess if you have the digits 22 behind your moniker, you are 22. how intelligent.

as for being juvenile and belittling others, i really cannot hold a candle to you old man.

you da man. how juvenile do you have to be to pick out every single minor mistake in someone's speech and text? :D

how juvenile do you have to be to dig through google's cache and restore the all my posts long even after i deleted them? god knows what is going on in that juvenile mind of yours.

enjoy throwing stones. (no doubt you and other lowlives will)
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 9:21 am

And just like his alter-ego, crocss22, after making a complete arse of himself early this morning, he posted and deleted a real whopper of the post were he's taken a "screenshot" and then gone on to admit he and crocss22 were the same and a whole bunch of other garbage and was going to have me thrown in jail and my PR revoked and countless other unpleasantries to be visited upon my "old" self. I guess when I told him to bring it on, he, like before, decided he again let his bulldog mouth over load his hummingbird arse. Some just never learn. I think it so sad when they don't have the cojones to let their posts stand. But that's what happens to wannabe's I guess. When it gets to hot in the kitchen the run. Only to come back again in a thinly disguised new personna which is soon outed as well. Leopards can't change their spots.

But no worries folks, I'm just an old "dog" fetching the newspapers! :lol:

More like a terrier worrying a bone. :wink:
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Tue, 02 Mar 2010 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by SGBoyxxx » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 10:05 am

crocss22 wrote:
EADG wrote:Agree QRM.

SGBoyxxx is a great example of someone with constructive opinions, excellent perspective, and an open mind towards these things.

So there is hope.
lol speaking of this lad "sgboxxxxxxx". i bet my last dollar that he did not finish his o levels and speaks mandarin or mandarin dialect at home. probably a dialect of mandarin. he probably works in a low level position as well.

i can smell em even over the internet.

now that is LOCAL for you.

for you info ...I studied till Dip..

in fact after my o level I went to study in ITE.
than went for my NS .

After my NS I work in a school for your info :) and study part time dip.

I do want to study degree but is money and time which I have to consider.

Sometimes in this world is not ALL about study and keep upgrading :)

just ask yourself frankly people are really learning? or getting degree for the seek of it? Because the society want?

:wink: I am open minded here and I accept all comments .

Yup I speak mandarin at home with my parents :)

While I speak english at work :)

for your info I don;t even know any dialects.

I am roughly knows what it means for "some" dialects
But I cannot speak in dialects .

Playback_track

Post by Playback_track » Tue, 09 Mar 2010 2:40 am

its not easy to not speak singlish when you are in singapore
こおおおおにちわ。

xiaojasjas92

Post by xiaojasjas92 » Sun, 02 May 2010 3:08 pm

i love singlish since i can't speak a proper English... (T.T)

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Wed, 12 May 2010 10:43 pm

Once upon a time hor, got one girl called Little Led Liding Hoot. She want to go to Ah Mah's house.

Morning she alleady go out one, she got take one basket to put flower. She doh wan to walk long-long so go take shot cut.

Wah!!! She dono got one animal follow her leh! She happy-happy walk until she come to Ah Mah house.

"Ah Mah! Ah Mah! I come, open the door lah!" she talk.
Then Ah Mah also talk back, "Come in lah I never close one."

Little Led Liding Hoot open the house and go inside the door......

Oh, solly solly......open the door and go inside the house, she see her Ah Mah on top of the bed.

She go ask Ah Mah. "Ah Mah, how come your eye so vely big one hah?"
"So I can see you maahhhhh!!!" Ah Mah say back.

"Ah Mah, how come your year vely long one hah?"
"So vely easy to hear you laah!!!!"

"Ah Mah, how come......."
"Aiyaa!!!! SO many question one ah you......never die before is it?"
"Soly lah Ah Mah, I dono mah that's why I ask".
"What soly-soly! Now I want to eat you, I not Ah Mah, I animal one you know......."

Wah! Little Led Liding Hoot vely scared alleady, she scleam vely loud but late alleady, the animal alleady eat her. She now inside stomach alleady.

Suddenly got one people, cut wood one, go inside the house. He want to save Little Led Liding Hoot, he go and cut the animal stomach and take out everything, but he too late, Little Led Liding Hoot become shit alleady......

not for faint hearted :D

kulasa999

Post by kulasa999 » Tue, 25 May 2010 2:54 pm

just now,
I go supermarket
yesterday I go already
tomorrow I go.

no present, future and past tenses.

My grammar is approaching to spoilt" already.

I tried comparing it to a growing pop culture known as jejemons:

JusT Now,
i~ gO~ SuperMrket
~ YeSTeRDAy i G0 ALReAdY
2mOrroW~ I go P0WH.
~
n0h PRESenT, FU2RE Nd PsT TenSeS p0wh.
~
My gRAmmr Iz aPProaCHNg 2 spOIlt alReADy~ P0Wh.~

This is more creative lah.

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Tue, 25 May 2010 3:39 pm

kulasa999 wrote:just now,
I go supermarket
yesterday I go already
tomorrow I go.

no present, future and past tenses.

If you look at Chaucerian English and see how its has developed into Modern English they are like chalk and cheese. These days where time is money, anything to simplify the language is a good thing? You can dump at least 20 percent of the alphabet, spell phonetically like the Malays and dump the tenses.

How far can you push the boundaries of the plain English campaign?

The more I think about it, this singlish and spelling phonetically like they do in Malaysia, appeals to my slightly dyslexic mind.
Last edited by QRM on Tue, 25 May 2010 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Tue, 25 May 2010 4:35 pm

My youngest daughter (4 years old) came home from Montessori the other day slightly distraught . . . when asked what was making her sad she responded:

"We have a new girl in class and she didn't want to friend me."

:o

Of course we immediately took the soap and washed her mouth out . . .

'nuff said Image

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Tue, 25 May 2010 6:32 pm

Vaucluse wrote: Of course we immediately took the soap and washed her mouth out . . .
LOL! i think i should do it to my kids too!!! mine came home and said "daddy i want some watt-ter" (as in water).