Singapore Expats Forum

Looking to extend my circle of friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Pepijn
Regular
Regular

Looking to extend my circle of friends

Postby Pepijn » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 1:27 pm

Hi all,

Not really new to Singapore, but I am here now to stay. Over the last couple of years I met my fiancée and several friends, primarily local with some long term expats, but I would like to extend my circle a bit more. Can’t go for lunch with the same colleague all of the time, my fiancée is not always available for drinks, and overall I need more diverse people to hang out with.
My preference would be people that have quite some exposure to the region, maybe helping me along with potential cultural barriers I might face in countries like Japan, Korea, China or any South East Asian country, either being from those countries or having experience with those cultures. But just hanging out, talking about the weather over dinner would be nice too.

A bit about my self, I am a Dutch national, 33 years of age, male. I work as a regional manager at a bank (IT audit), and have been in and out of Singapore over the past 2.5 years. My interests are too broad to mention, outdoor activities all the way to being a couch potato with a nice movie or burning the midnight oil somewhere in a club.
On the side I am planning to dive in regional languages (not yet proficient in anything except English or Dutch), so if someone would be willing help out in siome basic conversational skills I would be happy too 

Not really good in doing the big group kinda gatherings though, meeting up with smaller (up to 5 people or so) groups or individual would be best for me.

Let me know if someone would be interested, I can be reached at Pepijn.kok@gmail.com or through PM.

Cheers,

Pepijn