Singapore Expats

Things I don't like about Singapore

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
Girl_Next_Door
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Girl_Next_Door » Wed, 31 Mar 2010 6:04 pm

If I'm not wrong, I think the guy didn't apologise after the woman explained to him that she's pregnant and not feeling well?

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 31 Mar 2010 8:13 pm

movingtospore wrote:After less than a year here, what absolutely makes me crazy here is people's need to cram themselves onto lifts that should be for wheelchairs, strollers, etc. when there is a perfectly good and EMPTY escalator 10 feet away. I have to restrain myself from shouting at these (mostly) young men who barge on so that little old ladies in wheelchairs can't squeeze in.

I don't get it.

!
I wasn't aware that elevators were solely to be used by wheelchair-bound people, mums with babies in strollers . . . etc . . .

F me dead, I have been stealing space (even when I'm all alone in a lift) from this bullied section of the population)

Don't hold yourself back . . . scream at these hoodlums using lifts as there is always an old lady in a wheelchair waiting for space :roll:

'nuff said Image

Calmday
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Calmday » Sat, 03 Apr 2010 10:12 am

After living in the US, Okpo S. Korea, Angola, Nigeria, Aberdeen, Ho Chi Minh city, and Rio de Janeiro this thread brings a smile to my face. Everyplace has it's issues but for me this is paradise.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Sat, 03 Apr 2010 11:00 am

Calmday wrote:After living in the US, Okpo S. Korea, Angola, Nigeria, Aberdeen, Ho Chi Minh city, and Rio de Janeiro this thread brings a smile to my face. Everyplace has it's issues but for me this is paradise.
Wow, one's mileage really does vary. :D
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

$Pripps

Post by $Pripps » Thu, 08 Apr 2010 3:24 pm

Some annoying little things (in an otherwise quite OK place):

Holding up doors; if I hold up the door for you are supposed to do the same for the one behind you, I am not the darn gatekeeper.

Spatial Awareness; pretending that people are not there will not make them disappear.

Please don't say "Out of stock" when you never had the item in the first place (and probably never will).

Elevator stress button; it doesn't help banging harder on the door close button in the elevator, it will not close faster.
Everybody already knows what it is, so there's not much point in saying it - Simpsons

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Thu, 08 Apr 2010 4:54 pm

$Pripps wrote:
Elevator stress button; it doesn't help banging harder on the door close button in the elevator, it will not close faster.
It doesn't????? Damn . . . :(

Guilty

'nuff said Image

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 08 Apr 2010 5:30 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
$Pripps wrote:
It does but you have to press both up and down buttons before you get into the lift.
The protocol could be different for different occasion so always ensure you press at least few times regardless this is a lift button or already glowing red button at the crossing. For these two cases it is a proven solution - it always works. Maybe not faster but works anyway and this is what is important. A bit less obvious is to wave at the taxis with the red sign on. I've seen actually one that stopped.

$Pripps

Post by $Pripps » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 8:54 am

x9200 wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:
$Pripps wrote:
It does but you have to press both up and down buttons before you get into the lift.
The protocol could be different for different occasion so always ensure you press at least few times regardless this is a lift button or already glowing red button at the crossing. For these two cases it is a proven solution - it always works. Maybe not faster but works anyway and this is what is important. A bit less obvious is to wave at the taxis with the red sign on. I've seen actually one that stopped.
Everybody already knows what it is, so there's not much point in saying it - Simpsons

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 9:39 am

$Pripps wrote:
x9200 wrote:
Vaucluse wrote: It doesn't????? Damn . . . :(
have you tried pressing up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A?
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 9:50 am

$Pripps wrote:Holding up doors; if I hold up the door for you are supposed to do the same for the one behind you, I am not the darn gatekeeper.
That's why the moment I see they aren't reaching to hold the door I just let it go... :)

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 10:06 am

scarbowl wrote:Personally, I've not had any problems with credit card acceptance. However, I prefer to use my Nets card to reduce the likelihood of fraud. I think it risky to use a credit card regularly. I see CC signs in many places so don't see this as an issue.
About a year ago I got myself one of those fun cards called Nets Cashcard (with Flashpay). Little did I know that it was mainly used by motorists to pay for ERP. Although most stores accept it, the staff had no clue how to let me use it (just the card itself - not even the Flashpay). For a long time about 4 out of 5 places had problems with it, like I was the first person ever to use the card with them... :) Ironically Flashpay has made things easier because people are actually using it more often...
scarbowl wrote:And the airport - WOW! One of the best in the world.
Let's be more exact here: The #1 airport in the world. :)
scarbowl wrote:No potholes, few traffic jams, and few accidents even though I wish they'd enforce the rules on the motorcyclists.
Almost got run over yesterday by a Western lady in a Volvo SUV. What's ridiculous is that I was crossing the proper way, with the green light for pedestrians and all. And still almost get hit. Does it even make sense to report such incidents?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 10:42 am

$Pripps wrote:
x9200 wrote:
Vaucluse wrote: It doesn't????? Damn . . . :(

mariazac

Post by mariazac » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 12:11 pm

Has any one managed to get there meals together any where. i find everywhere i go the meals come at different times this happened even in the fullerton. that annoys me!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 12:55 pm

Burger King. (well most of the time anyway).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 1:35 pm

This is not unique to Singapore, but this morning I got the serious mutters when I nearly couldn't get on the bus because the downstairs people were not moving forward, but upstairs was HALF EMPTY :x