SINGAPORE EXPATS FORUM
Singapore Expat Forum and Message Board for Expats in Singapore & Expatriates Relocating to Singapore
Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
- Posts: 8333
- Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
- Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
inmotion wrote:i like the public safety, regulations to incorporate your own business and the convenient airport...period
SGBoyxxx wrote:just curious how you all feel about singapore working enviornment here?
aka , office politics...ect
Personally I dislike work culture in sg - & that's an understatement. I miss the monthly morning tea sessions and a more relaxed environment I used to enjoy overseas. I work to live, not live to work. There is politics everywhere, but IMHO it is too extreme here. Have been waiting for my knight in shining armor to sweep me up and tell me that I can quit my 12-15 hour a day job and be a tai tai.=)))
Ok i need to stop dreaming and enjoy the rest of my long weekend before work begins on Monday=)
SunWuKong wrote:Daz Voz wrote:5/ There would appear to be strict truth-in-advertising legislation. What would be called "2 for 1" in Australia is called "1 for 1" here.
In Australia 2 for 1 refers to "Two for the price of one," whereas 1 for 1 represents "one free with every one bought."
In the UK it's called BogOff (well OK it's supposed to be BogOf - Buy One Get One Free) but everyone calls it bogoff because it sounds better
Things I like about Singapore - there are loads:
- laid back atmosphere when you're out for a meal or a drink
- summer all the time, no hiding away indoors for 6 months of the year because it's too cold to go anywhere
- the rain, the storms - keeps the weather interesting and I like rain
- the safety (I know there is crime, but it's low enough to keep me happy)
- the ease of getting around
- I would say the cheapness of things, but that's not so true anymore sadly, apart from in hawker centres
- which brings me to - the hawker centres, cheap food and drink - it's nice to go to a fancy restaurant now and again but even nicer to have had a bunch of beers and some food and only spent $40 for the whole family!
and many, many more
- Posts: 34614
- Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
- Location: Still Fishing!
- Similar Topics
- Last post
24, M, looking to make some friends who like to go out
by ngaitime » Tue, 25 Mar 2014 2:44 pm » in 20's Club
View the latest post
Tue, 25 Mar 2014 7:48 pm
Things you wish you knew/did before relocating to Singapore
jordan23 » Tue, 07 Jan 2014 11:20 am » in Relocating, Moving to Singapore
View the latest post
Tue, 21 Jan 2014 6:37 pm
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests