Singapore Expats Forum

BBQ this Sunday... You are invited!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
starlight1981
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 23 Feb 2010

BBQ this Sunday... You are invited!

Postby starlight1981 » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 3:04 pm

Hi there, we are a group of Expats guys and girls.... Brits, Europeans, and some Aussie and American.

Anyway we have decided to have a BBQ this weekend on Sunday, and you can come along too. Bring your own food, and drink... and make new friends and eat!! Sound cool right.

Well keep your dates free for Sunday, BBQ starts at 4pm.



Cheers
Last edited by starlight1981 on Tue, 23 Feb 2010 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35179
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 3:25 pm

Does it matter where the expats are from? As long as we bring our own food & drinks? Is the party governed by work visa levels or is it any work visa expat can come? :cool:

starlight1981
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 23 Feb 2010

Postby starlight1981 » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 3:29 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Does it matter where the expats are from? As long as we bring our own food & drinks? Is the party governed by work visa levels or is it any work visa expat can come? :cool:


I didnt say anything about the profiles of the attendees, there is no profile, I was just saying thats where we are from! in fact the last time we did this we had people from all over, and locals too which was great, so all are welcome. and only bring what you want to eat and drink!!!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35179
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 3:40 pm

That great! There will be about 150 of us. We'll be coming in the backs of 14' & 20' lorries as that's what we normally travel in to an from the dormitories to our jobs. Is that okay?

User avatar
bariq1
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 206
Joined: Sat, 21 Mar 2009
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby bariq1 » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 5:00 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:That great! There will be about 150 of us. We'll be coming in the backs of 14' & 20' lorries as that's what we normally travel in to an from the dormitories to our jobs. Is that okay?


duh who made this guy as moderator :mad:

starlight1981
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 23 Feb 2010

Postby starlight1981 » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 5:10 pm

bariq1 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:That great! There will be about 150 of us. We'll be coming in the backs of 14' & 20' lorries as that's what we normally travel in to an from the dormitories to our jobs. Is that okay?


duh who made this guy as moderator :mad:


Haha!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35179
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 5:26 pm

Please do not multi-post the same message - we consider that spam.

moderator

welda
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat, 26 Dec 2009

Re: BBQ this Sunday... You are invited!

Postby welda » Wed, 24 Feb 2010 2:02 pm

Hey, this sounds great, can you PM me the details.

starlight1981 wrote:Hi there, we are a group of Expats guys and girls.... Brits, Europeans, and some Aussie and American.

Anyway we have decided to have a BBQ this weekend on Sunday, and you can come along too. Bring your own food, and drink... and make new friends and eat!! Sound cool right.

Well keep your dates free for Sunday, BBQ starts at 4pm.



Cheers

slupen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon, 06 Jul 2009

Postby slupen » Wed, 24 Feb 2010 4:09 pm

I should maybe add that the last BBQ was a complete success but in general, people didnt bring enough alcohol, especially wine which was high up the request list.

Last one stopped very very late so bring a bit more than you think you need.

May be bbq be merry.

pettal1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed, 10 Feb 2010

Where is the BBQ

Postby pettal1 » Fri, 26 Feb 2010 1:27 pm

Hi

Can you please let me know where this BBQ will be held please. Unless i have missed something there are no details.

thanks

clbutterfly
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 26 Feb 2010
Location: sentosa

BBQ :)

Postby clbutterfly » Fri, 26 Feb 2010 3:02 pm

Last edited by clbutterfly on Mon, 25 Oct 2010 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dailystar
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 25 Feb 2010

Re: BBQ :)

Postby dailystar » Fri, 26 Feb 2010 4:13 pm

clbutterfly wrote:Im from Canada so u can bet i'll be bringing plenty of alcohol lol, neways this sounds like a blast, minus the 150 people comment. Could u get back to me with location and if u would mind another couple attending. thanks alot ttyl:)
my emails carrier@hotmail.com


I will get back to you, via email with the details.

dailystar
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 25 Feb 2010

Re: Where is the BBQ

Postby dailystar » Fri, 26 Feb 2010 4:14 pm

pettal1 wrote:Hi

Can you please let me know where this BBQ will be held please. Unless i have missed something there are no details.

thanks


please email me at jay.miers@gmail.com for details.

thanks.

love2travel
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2009

Postby love2travel » Sat, 27 Feb 2010 10:18 am

Hey!

This sounds good apart from the stupid comments! Could you please send me some details..clairehardiman@hotmail.co.uk

I am brit 25 and my boyf is brit 26

Thanks!:)

pettal1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed, 10 Feb 2010

Postby pettal1 » Sat, 27 Feb 2010 7:04 pm

hi

please send me the details also

chriscockburn1@gmail.com

thanks.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest