Singapore Expats Forum

Apply PR or Long Term Social Visit Pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
alidada1

Apply PR or Long Term Social Visit Pass

Postby alidada1 » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 2:35 pm

First of all excellent site and some amazing questions and reply in the expats forum section.

My Question is very simple. I've been working in Singapore since March 2007 on P2 pass and got married in August 2009 in Pakistan. My wife came with me to Singapore in October 2009 and then received her dependent pass in November, Last week I received my PR confirmation letter now I have to submit all the required forms plus Medical, Just want to ask.

Should I apply for my wife PR or LTSVP?

Should I apply for her PR or LTSVP, with my PR application or once I received my blue IC?

My future Child PR I should apply when? Right after the birth or should apply for any other pass?

I am earning 6k plus so don't think should be any problem in taking care of my family, she is pregnant now and due in May, unlike other PR Expats I don't mind my child to do NS, I am a strong believer that all guys should do NS.

Will really appreciate if you guys can help with my questions, I've gone through so many questions in forums and now a bit confused after looking at mixed replies from everyone.

Looking forward to hear from someone.
Thanks.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 3:22 pm

I really don't have the answer. But I would think it would be smarter to get your PR settled first as you have already received your confirmation letter. No sense in disrupting the apple cart and take the chance of getting it bogged down in changes.

It would be easier to get her here on an LTVP initially and apply for her PR while on the LTVP. This is messy but with the current mindset here I'd be hesitant to try to stop or have to reapply for the PR just to add her. If she's been here on a dependents pass already I really don't see any problems other than the multiple steps that need to be taken to get her PR as well. They may well want her on a LTVP for a while just to ensure that the marriage is valid and not just a vehicle.

Maybe somebody else has something more definitive as I got mine a long, long time ago. :o

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 3:57 pm

You should apply for LTVSP now for your wife asap because her dependant pass is revoked from the day your PR kicks in and you will need a pass for her to stay.

When she gets the LTVSP, then apply for the PR, the application may stretch out for 4 to 6 months, she may also get refused PR if you haven't been married long, or if she hasn't been in the Country for more than 2 years. All we do know is that Singapore is cutting back on foreign applications, though with your wife expecting it maybe good news for Singapore statistics and everything may go through smoothly.

1. LTVSP first.
2. PR status application though it may take 2 years.