Singapore Expats Forum

FNDC: 12th Feb @ Penny Black from 8PM

Weekly meetup of FNDC - Friday Night Drinking Club
morton
Regular
Regular

FNDC: 12th Feb @ Penny Black from 8PM

Postby morton » Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:04 am

Nihao all and welcome to FNDC's "Black Tie Chinese New Year Celebration"**. For those of you who haven't escaped Singading for the extra-long weekend, or alternatively aren't stuck at a family dinner explaining to Auntie why you still don't have a boyfriend/girlfriend/goat and if you do why you are not yet married (keep those Ang Pao coming, Auntie :lol: ), and especially for those who have no clue what I'm talking about here :-k, why not come along and have a drink or 8 (lucky Chinese number - Rob if you come you can have 88) with us at....

Penny Black (the next best thing to an Irish pub) :mrgreen:

Address is; 26/27 Boat Quay, Singapore 049817
http://www.pennyblack.com.sg/ check here for map ---> http://www.pennyblack.com.sg/locateus.html

Nearest MRT is Raffles Place - turn left on Battery Rd/Chulia St, cross the street at OCBC Centre and head down to the water. The Penny Black is on the corner (behind McDougals).

Or...Clarke Quay MRT - head to the river and turn right. Keep walking all the way down Boat Quay, Penny Black is the last pub.

Arrgh...tell you pirate captain, aka cab driver, aka "Uncle-Uncle", Boat Quay at the end of Circular Road.

If you've been to FNDC before just have a look around for someone you recognise - I'm pretty slack, I don't do reservations. If you're a newbie (or don't remember anyone from last time 'coz you drank too much, or are still in shock from the cab ride), then either ask at the bar (who will probablly look at you like you just landed a spaceship in their Yu Sheng - tell them it's "auspicious"), or probably better, call me on 81369224 and I'll find you. Don't be surprised if I don't answer straight away - I'm getting old and my hearing's going, but I'll call you back soon enough, by which time you'll have probably found us anyway.

Everyone's welcome - even if you've just met a lovely goat, bring it along. If things don't go well we can always feed it to the tiger. Very auspicious. Or maybe not! I'll have to consult my next cab driver.

** Dress code - Casual.
Divers just love going deep and getting wet (not to mention all that rubber!)

Bia

OK

Postby Bia » Thu, 11 Feb 2010 6:23 pm

I have no clue of what you're talking about, but Irish and Pub caught my attention! Since I am stuck nowhere, explaining nothing to no one, I'll give it a try! See you there and keep all that rubber to yourself :)
Scipio

StephfromFrance

Postby StephfromFrance » Thu, 11 Feb 2010 8:37 pm

I'll stay in Singapore on friday night so i'm definitely coming for a drink with you guys!

What time are you going?

Morton I took your phone number as I dont know anyone from this forum yet...

See you tomorrow!

christelleM

Postby christelleM » Thu, 11 Feb 2010 9:40 pm

Hi All. Lived in Ireland for the past 8 years so Irish and pub are the best Friday night combination for me:) Definetely want to join. Can you send me contact number to find you there? Cheers

morton
Regular
Regular

Postby morton » Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:16 am

ok first up - it's not an Irish Pub. It's actually more of an English pub but it's owned by the same mob that owns several other Irish pubs here. Don't let that put you off - it's still a good pub, and if we absolutely must go green then later on we can move (there's a real Irish pub just around the corner, bychance :D )

Steph - as per the title we will be starting from about 8PM but we're not sticklers for punctuality. In fact, tardiness is the one common trait we FNDCers share.

Hmmm, christelleM - a little too long in Ireland, methinks :o Still having Guinness withdrawals? My number is listed right up there in the original post. Ok, it was rather long-winded, so here goes again...

There ya go - I even put it in Leprechaun Green just for you. See you tonight.

And Mr K you should know what I'm talking about - you've been here longer than me, haven't you??
Divers just love going deep and getting wet (not to mention all that rubber!)

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Postby Barnsley » Fri, 12 Feb 2010 3:40 pm

Recruit for the Dragon Boat team whilst you are there!!!

Michael W

Postby Michael W » Fri, 12 Feb 2010 5:47 pm

I'd like to join you, total newbie here as I've been in the country for two weeks and don't know anyone :)

I'm still at the office, but I hope I can make at 8-ish.