Singapore Expats

Steps to apply Skilled Migrant Permanent Resident Visa

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
ngatatpyar

Steps to apply Skilled Migrant Permanent Resident Visa

Post by ngatatpyar » Wed, 10 Feb 2010 5:21 pm

Hi....

I am an Engineer graduated from NTU. I have a six years working experience. I am currently in Australia on a social visit visa. But I am thinking to get a job in Australia and apply a Skilled Migrant visa. Do I need to get a job first or get a skilled migrant visa first? Could anyone advise me what are the steps to migrate to Australia. The official immigration website is very complicated. Please help me...

Thanks....

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 10 Feb 2010 5:41 pm

Wouldn't it be better to ask an Australian Forum? This is a Singapore forum.

Although there may be a PR collector or two here.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

utopia
Regular
Regular

Post by utopia » Thu, 11 Feb 2010 9:49 am

If you look up jobs in Australia you see that most, if not all of them would state a requirement for you to have the Right to Work in Australia. ie a Visa that allows you to do full time work.

It's probably better you look up a Migration Agent if you find the process complicated, since it's something you don't want to get wrong.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: Steps to apply Skilled Migrant Permanent Resident Visa

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 11 Feb 2010 1:46 pm

deleted
Last edited by Mad Scientist on Thu, 21 Oct 2010 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Re: Steps to apply Skilled Migrant Permanent Resident Visa

Post by ProvenPracticalFlexible » Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:10 pm

ngatatpyar wrote:Hi....

I am an Engineer graduated from NTU. I have a six years working experience. I am currently in Australia on a social visit visa. But I am thinking to get a job in Australia and apply a Skilled Migrant visa. Do I need to get a job first or get a skilled migrant visa first? Could anyone advise me what are the steps to migrate to Australia. The official immigration website is very complicated. Please help me...

Thanks....
I was thinking about leaving this one out, but after a few glasses of wine decided to answer anyway. I know I shouldn't...

Honestly the immi.gov.au site is one of the best in the whole world, even easier to use the ICA site in Singapore. If that gets you confused, I would seriously doubt that you should apply for "skilled" immigration visa. This is assuming that you can read and understand English. The steps what to do are written on the immi.gov.au site, are you asking people to copy paste them here, what would be the point of that?

The website even gives you the options to answer a set of question, and then tells you which visas you could apply. I wonder how much simpler it could get. Immigration agents are basically expensive secretaries for the lazy or illiterate, at least for Australia where all the information is published openly.