Singapore Expats Forum

how do women feel about single dads

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

AriannaNation

how do women feel about single dads

Postby AriannaNation » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 6:22 am

Being a single dad new to the dating scene I was wondering if women have a problem with "sharing" a single dad with his kids
Arianna

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 7:08 am

If you are a good Single Dad, it's like a Babe Magnet!

gravida
Chatter
Chatter

Postby gravida » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 8:43 am

Hmmm, it depends. Why are you a single dad, where is the child's mum, how do you treat her, how do you care about your baby, how would you 'reveal' the information to the woman you will date... It wouldn't work as magnet on me, I would rather be v., v. careful. Yet, it doesn't mean I will not agree to be in relationship with single Dad.

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 9:20 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you are a good Single Dad, it's like a Babe Magnet!

only if the kid is cute :P :D but yeah, defo can pull.

carteki
Editor
Editor

Postby carteki » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 12:29 pm

Does it really matter? You are part of a package now and I'm not sure what your options are - just ditch the kid if the woman doesn't like them?
As long as you don't tell her that you already have enough (unless she already has her own too) you should be okay.

I dated a "dad" briefly and the kid did make things more difficult (can't go out on certain nights, have to cancel stuff because the kid is acting up) - but it just wasn't going to work even if he was single. One thing that I liked about the guy was his commitment to his kid. This was something I was looking for in a partner and you can't know how the person is going to be until they are actually a parent.

x9200

Postby x9200 » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 12:43 pm

carteki wrote:Does it really matter? You are part of a package now and I'm not sure what your options are - just ditch the kid if the woman doesn't like them?

Just estimating the chances I guess...Nothing wrong with it. Perhaps there were some disappointments down the line.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 1:16 pm

The OP hasn't half been busy joining forums over the last few days. As far as I can make out the OP is 22 years old, just divorced husband of 20 years, has a 5 year old kid and is planning to take a trip to Bhopal and Amsterdam :?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 1:23 pm

Saint wrote:The OP hasn't half been busy joining forums over the last few days. As far as I can make out the OP is 22 years old, just divorced husband of 20 years, has a 5 year old kid and is planning to take a trip to Bhopal and Amsterdam :?

Yeah, and at the moment we are all the way at the bottom of page seven on their google listings. :( Almost half of the posts are all about single dads and the rest, as you said. You do realize why the OP hasn't been back don't you....... :wink:

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Postby morenangpinay » Thu, 18 Feb 2010 1:45 pm

well for girls i believe we look out for why the dad is single, where is the mom, and is the child living with him..or how he treats his child......

plus points if he's a dedicated father

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 18 Feb 2010 2:47 pm

Generally if the Dad's got the kid, it's one of 4 reasons.

1. It's visitation rights day. Temporary only

2. Mom is deceased. Man could theoretically be a real sh*t as well, but if that were the case, he probably wouldn't have the kids with him anyway - they'd be dumped on the maid, mother (in-law) or left on their own.

3. Mom ran off with another guy and deserted kids & husband. See 2.

4. Divorced and mom was a real piece of work, so much so, that the courts took the kids away from her.

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Re: how do women feel about single dads

Postby road.not.taken » Thu, 18 Feb 2010 3:49 pm

AriannaNation wrote:Being a single dad new to the dating scene I was wondering if women have a problem with "sharing" a single dad with his kids

Why would you want to spend one precious moment with some self-absorbed idiot who felt threatened by 'sharing' you with your own children? Not worthy of your time I'd say.

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Postby morenangpinay » Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:18 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Generally if the Dad's got the kid, it's one of 4 reasons.

1. It's visitation rights day. Temporary only

2. Mom is deceased. Man could theoretically be a real sh*t as well, but if that were the case, he probably wouldn't have the kids with him anyway - they'd be dumped on the maid, mother (in-law) or left on their own.

3. Mom ran off with another guy and deserted kids & husband. See 2.

4. Divorced and mom was a real piece of work, so much so, that the courts took the kids away from her.

if its number 2....id be reallllly be interested in why she died and is he on trial? lol

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Fri, 19 Feb 2010 9:32 pm

Saint wrote:The OP hasn't half been busy joining forums over the last few days. As far as I can make out the OP is 22 years old, just divorced husband of 20 years, has a 5 year old kid and is planning to take a trip to Bhopal and Amsterdam :?

Que? How can OP be 22 and also have been married for 20 years? I'm lost......
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 19 Feb 2010 10:25 pm

google his nick.