Singapore Expats Forum

How do you get seeked by headhunters?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

junior in finance firm

How do you get seeked by headhunters?

Postby junior in finance firm » Sun, 24 Oct 2004 2:06 pm

I work in the treasury of a well-known finance firm here in Singapore. We all share the same group of phone lines. By coincidence, I sometimes get to take calls for my boss or other team members which turns out later to be phone calls from head hunters. my question is: how do they know where we work? oh, by the way, i just joined this company 3 months ago, before that i was abroad in the U.S. Myself, i am pretty junior and incognito in the Singapore finance scene. Do head hunters have all our private information? sounds scary...

happygolucky

Postby happygolucky » Sun, 24 Oct 2004 5:19 pm

Usually thru yr own network that leads to other network, they get yr contact and usually is only yr contact and professional knowledge. Since u r still young, spend time to establish yourself, then HH will seek u out. Btw, what's so scary about them knowing yr contact details? If u r not keen, the HH will leave u alone......u will not be stalked... :lol:

If u r really scared.....they will never seek u anyway...

junior in finance firmNo

Postby junior in finance firmNo » Sat, 06 Nov 2004 4:28 pm

Not that young anymore. Already 28 but got only 1/2 year of industry experience.

shoe4x

Re: How do you get seeked by headhunters?

Postby shoe4x » Wed, 19 Jan 2005 4:42 am

I'll talk to the headhunter LOL. I am interested in hearing of opportunities trading Spot Foreign Exchange in Singapore. If you happen to hear of any opportunities within your Treasury dept or from these headhunters please drop me a line. I am currently in NY.

adrianlee
Regular
Regular

Postby adrianlee » Wed, 19 Jan 2005 6:24 am

Junior FF,

You've only had 1/2 yr experience and youre 28. What did you work as before joining this company??

Just curious, coz I'm 28 too..and its always interesting to know how people progress their careers...

Ad