Singapore Expats Forum

Tioman this Chinese New Year! 12-15 Feb!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
jokejulia

Tioman this Chinese New Year! 12-15 Feb!

Postby jokejulia » Tue, 02 Feb 2010 3:43 pm

Hi guys!

Me and 2 of my friends going to Tioman! Leaving on Friday night on 12th Feb and going back on 15th.

We are looking for more people to have fun and relaxing weekend! And of course to celebrate Chinese New Year and Valentines ;) our age group is 23-26, but we are open to anyone to join!!!

Do let us know soon, coz we are in the process of booking ferry tickets from Mersing to Tioman. Good day everyone!

Yulia & Yannick & Vadim
Last edited by jokejulia on Wed, 03 Feb 2010 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

vadimeremeev

Postby vadimeremeev » Wed, 03 Feb 2010 11:15 am

Yes guys, gonna be a good fun! Two of them russians vodka and beer is our all!

hari777

Postby hari777 » Wed, 03 Feb 2010 11:57 am

Hey guys,
Iam instd for this and a couple of my friends might be.Let me know how do i get in touch with you ppl

cheers,
Hari

jokejulia

Postby jokejulia » Wed, 03 Feb 2010 1:42 pm

Hi Hari!

That's great! Drop me an email at jokejulia@yandex.ru and we figure it out from there!

Hear from you soon!

Yulia

Rachel026

Postby Rachel026 » Wed, 03 Feb 2010 7:21 pm

Hello guys!
I would definitively be interested in a trip to Tioman!
I'm a Belgian 22-year-old girl and love having fun!

but I would like to have all the details (exact dates and time if possible, cost, plans, visa...) Here is my email: fan2soad@hotmail.com Thanks!

Reefeex

Postby Reefeex » Thu, 04 Feb 2010 9:59 am

Awesome plan. just drop ya mail! :D

jokejulia

Postby jokejulia » Thu, 04 Feb 2010 10:34 am

Hi everyone! Thanks for responding! :)

Timing wise, we are leaving Singapore on Friday (12 Feb) night at around 10:00 pm, after we all meet in one place. We are planning to take taxi to immigration border, then pass through there, and take another taxi to Mersing - from where we are going to take our ferry. We have done that before, its alright.

Ferry is at 5 am on sat 13 Feb. Takes about 1,5 hours to get to Tioman from Mersing. From there we are going to look for our hotel as we arrive, we are planning not to book anything in advance; but then again it's of course ur choice, if u would like to book one for yourself :wink:

Back on 15 Feb, ferry 5pm. Ferry ticket price is around 30$ sing. Taxis are going by meter or negotiable, hotel cost is also subject to which place we are going. But we are looking at budget accommodation :D

In the same time, if you are interested in going u can add me on facebook with the same email address: jokejulia@yandex.ru, please mention Tioman trip :)

Or refer to our event page on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=283656547983

gator2001

Postby gator2001 » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 7:20 pm

My buddy and I (French and Chinese in mid twenties) are planning for a scuba diving trip to Tioman around the same time frame -- leaving this Friday night and returning probably late Monday or Tuesday. We are absolute beginners as far as diving is concerned and if any of you would like to join us to take introductory lessons or just get together and hang out at night, please let us know. Would be awesome to know more people making the same trip.

Not sure whether leaving the hotel option open would be viable given this time of the year. Do you guys have any plans as far as activities are concerned?

Harold

aussiePT

Postby aussiePT » Sat, 13 Feb 2010 5:46 pm