Singapore Expats Forum

Retention of E/D Card after collection of EP & DPs?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
arentol

Retention of E/D Card after collection of EP & DPs?

Postby arentol » Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:38 am

Hello,

This is my first post to this forum. Mods: thank you for running a very informative forum for expats.

I have a question and have searched the MOM website, along with this one, but cannot find an answer.

A few weeks ago I collected my EP (LTP card) and DPs for my wife and daughter. When we received the cards, our Embarkation/Disembarkation cards were retained (white card given on arrival).

I just want to make sure that this is standard procedure...? I assume that the LTP cards replaces them and should be presented when going through immigration (along with the passports)...?

My apologies for such a basic question, but I just wanted to double-check.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can clarify this for me.

Regards,
Aren -

merichan
Chatter
Chatter

Postby merichan » Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:44 am

Yep that's normal

The retained ours as well... and with the new system, we have in the passport a stamp for a visit pass for 90 days... and no exit stamp... no visa stamp either...

Needless to say it's important not to forget the DP/EP card when crossing the border the next time...

Have crossed it what 6 times since... still with just my visit pass stamp that expired technically 6 and a half months ago in my passport... :roll: but they almost don't look at it when you have the green card.

skye
Chatter
Chatter

Postby skye » Sat, 30 Jan 2010 7:37 am

Yes, the green card replaces the white embarkation card. The ep/dp is your immigration card for Singapore - just present it with your passport at entry and exit to Singapore. Airline check in staff overseas may also want to see it if you are flying to Singapore without a return or onward ticket, to check you are resident. You won't get your passport stamped on entry and exit here any more, as info is all stored electronically. You can also join the residents lines at immigration, which tend to move faster. When you are leaving at the end of your posting here and give up your EP, you'll be given another embarkation card and stamp in your passport giving the date by which you must leave.

chiroy

Postby chiroy » Sat, 30 Jan 2010 11:25 pm

Now there is no more separate green E/D Card and no more endorsement stamp on your passport.

You get ONE Card which bears EP on one side and Visit Pass (with Multiple Journey Visa or Long Term Pass) on the other side.

arentol

Postby arentol » Sat, 06 Feb 2010 2:25 pm

Thank you both for your help, I appreciate it!

Regards,
Aren