Singapore Expats

A-Level School Courses for Adults? Part-time

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
mrfr0sty

A-Level School Courses for Adults? Part-time

Post by mrfr0sty » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 1:46 pm

Hi,

I'm a UK/NZ citizen living in Singapore for the last 3 years. As I started work after graduating high school I never sat A-Levels but as an adult I would like to attend university.

To get into university you need A-Levels (correct me if I'm wrong) but I cannot find anything online regarding A-Levels for adult learners...

Does such a course exist in Singapore??

I know in the UK my friend went to a college/polytechnic to study A-Levels after work and then he moved on from that to a full time law degree.

Does anyone out there have any information or guidance to help me??

Cheers,

p.s in case this matters I have 10 years working experience in IT, am currently, Service Manager for Asia, for an engineering firm and hold professional certifications, ITIL V2 Managers, ITIL V3 Expert, Diploma in Hypnotherapy (From small private US School)

mrfr0sty

Post by mrfr0sty » Fri, 05 Feb 2010 3:48 pm

*bump*

Anyone out there know where adults can study a-levels??

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 05 Feb 2010 3:52 pm

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mrfr0sty

Post by mrfr0sty » Fri, 05 Feb 2010 4:14 pm

Thanks SMS but I think that's full-time. I'm after part-time i.e after work.

Cheers,

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 05 Feb 2010 4:42 pm

Call them up and ask them. My daughter did a Dip Mass Com with them several years ago and worked full time while she was doing the course. They might have a course available where you can do it part time as well.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

SunWuKong
Regular
Regular

Post by SunWuKong » Fri, 05 Feb 2010 7:17 pm

SMS is right, MDIS will set you in the right direction. It is possible to do your private A-levels just by registering and going to the exams.
The nature of Monkey was ... irrepressible!